Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Key Launching Next Week?

Post Thanks / Like

We also tried it last week at BRV. It worked fine. We still primarily used the magic bands, but wanted to try the phone. It will be a backup for us.
    Upcoming Trips

Jambo 2/19-2/26/18

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I don't see the point of it. If you have the magic band on, just put your wrist up. No need to check your pockets and pull out the phone, unlock it, open the app, and then tell it what you want it to do? Plus the magic band I can wear in the pool and need not carry a thing. And if I had decided to use the phone and left the magic band in the room, I know very well that 5 minutes before I got to the door, my battery will have run out and I will be left in the hallway, likely dripping and cold since I just came from the pool... It just seems like "hey, here is something new you don't need! enjoy!". So the non-Disney hotels down the road offer that? They offer bland decor too. We don't need that either, it would be like redoing the beach club to look non b.....nevermind. Welcome to the Hyatt, can I help you with your luggage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan58diz View Post
    I guess I don't see the point of it. If you have the magic band on, just put your wrist up.
    This provides an option to those that can't or don't want to wear a MagicBand.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Magicbands also don't always work, so by having the smartphone access you can still get in you room and later go by the front desk to get the MB programmed properly. But then sometimes the wiring in the door comes loose and only a real key, that the CMs at the front desk have, can get you into the room. That happened to us at CCV and maintenance had to come and fix it.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    So I will have to repeatedly log on to My Disney Experience just to access the pool or laundry or some exit doors.
    Logging into my Disney takes you that long? I open my phone and it’s open, do you have a Motorola flip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is it available on iwatch app yet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneybaker View Post
    Logging into my Disney takes you that long? I open my phone and it’s open, do you have a Motorola flip?

i have not authorized my fingerprint on My Disney Experience. So I login the usual method.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao, afraid disney might use it, you use it to get in park