Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Key Launching Next Week?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital Key Launching Next Week?

Walt Disney World's new "Digital Key" room entry system appears to be set to debut the week of April 15 at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on self reporting on guests staying at Wilderness Lodge, Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek have the new unlock room feature on their phone. It is located under the resort reservation.

I expect that go to WDW in December the Digital Key will be opened to other resorts so I plan to try it. However, I doubt if I will use it regularly as it is just not as convenient as using a magic band since I have to log on and find my way to My Reservations. My one worry is that I will forget to key my magic band(s) to the door as well and then MB won't unlock doors around the resort. So I will have to repeatedly log on to My Disney Experience just to access the pool or laundry or some exit doors.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Per the DisneyParks twitter account, it rolled out on 4/11 at WL, BRV & CCV.

https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/stat...75067276902400
    Michael

4. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, I think it would only be useful if I'd forgotten my MB in the room, chances are wherever I'd gone, I'd have the phone. On my honeymoon in September, my husband wasn't feeling well and he laid down to take a nap, I'd gone to concierge lounge, I'd forgotten my MB in the room, but had the phone. Luckily hubby hadnt fallen asleep yet and I just knocked.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of the value of this unless they are going to do away with MB's (which is not happening anytime soon). Perhaps as a backup when the MB's fail (which seems to happen to at least one child on every trip and then you have to go to the desk for them to fix things)?

Having a Magical Day

Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking about it and teens and 20 somethings seem to always have their phones out. Some guests also might think wearing a magic band is not cool. So using the app would work for them.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

We’re checking in @ Boulder Ridge on 4/27 and I just noticed we have the “Unlock Door” icon on our MDE account. Will be curious to try it. Seems like it would take more time than just using the band, but we’ll give it a try!
    Jess & Jeff
    DVC Members -"Class of "92"

9. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jess&Jeff View Post
    We’re checking in @ Boulder Ridge on 4/27 and I just noticed we have the “Unlock Door” icon on our MDE account. Will be curious to try it. Seems like it would take more time than just using the band, but we’ll give it a try!
    Let's know how well it works and which was quicker, LOL, like we haven't talked about that here on the forum. Actually let us know what you think about it.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

We often stay in one resort while our son and his family are at another. Currently, we give each other extra MB to access resort parking and room entry. MAYBE this new feature could be useful

Post Thanks / Like

I used it last week at CCV, it was easy and worked well. If you bring up the app while walking to your room its just as fast as using the MB. However, our 9 year old granddaughter likes unlocking the door with her MB for us, so we didn't use the phone unlocking feature very much. It's nice to have another alternative to do things so I like the fact that it exists.