Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Studio Occupancy

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Studio Occupancy

Despite the published occupancy limits of Disney Vacation Club villas, opinions vary on what party size is actually appropriate for each room type. Take Deluxe Studio villas for example. Disney allows up to 4 adult guests plus one child under the age of 3 in a single room. Most of these villas are outfitted with one queen size bed plus a full size sleeper sofa.

What is the maximum number of occupants with whom you would share a Deluxe Studio villa?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it depends on the resort.

At OKW and PVB, I could definitely see 4 plus a child, even at my age. Plenty of room.
    At BLT, rooms are smaller. In my younger days, I would have no problem with 2 adults and 2 children. I know many think BLT should only fit 2. For those who are out of the room most of the time, it fits 4 for sleeping and has the extra bonus of a more secluded place to make breakfast/coffee while others sleep. For those who are used to more time in the room, they may feel claustrophobic.

Post Thanks / Like

Well its usually just hubby and I. The only time it was more than one other person was for 3 nights for a girls only trip in 2013, when there was 2 other people. thats prob the max that would be comfortable in a studio.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would not book a studio for more than a family of three. The studios work best for couples IMO.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in studios with 5 (3 adults, 2 kids) multiple times, and it works for us. Granted it is a little tight at times, but having the murphy bed at some resorts helps a lot, and we mostly use the room for sleeping and getting ready in the morning... otherwise we are not there. It suits our touring style, and saves us points at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Studio Occupancy

In my honest opinion, they don't build enough Studios, I believe they're Imagineer theory was to build larger rooms ie: 1 bdrm, 2 bdrm, 3 bdrm GV because it would be most likely that large families would be staying. Try to get a Studio at any DVC property other than SSR or OKW between 7 and 11 months out, impossible. You have to book SSR or OKW and than waitlist the property you really desire to 7 days prior, if you're lucky it will come through. It's just crazy that as a couple who like to go twice a year you have to Waitlist your home Resort and we have 3, AKVKV, PVB & CCR. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Personally this is a product of time. If it is for a night or 2 you might get 4 adults. For longer, it would need to be 2 adults and 2 small children (or 1 teen). We generally stay in studios for the 2 of us and when we are there with our granddaughter. We have recently started opting for a 1 bedroom if we are staying longer than 5 nights, because we usually drive for those trips. Driving allows us to make more use of the full size refrigerator and the in-room washer & dryer.

AKVHutch

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in studios with 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) multiple times, and it works for us. It is getting a little tight now as the kids are getting older, but having the murphy bed at some resorts helps a lot. Like others we mostly use the room for sleeping and getting ready in the morning. And it saves us points. Two years from now when our oldest will be 11 we will most likely move up to a 1BR if the resort doesn't have a murphy bed. Secondly, we too are having trouble make reservation at the 11/7 months out date. Studios are the hardest to get. Oh, don't go during marathon weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

We (DH, me, + DS) used to go to the World often enough that we would spend time hanging out in our villa. We started in studios, but once our son got to about 13, we found that we all needed more space, so we upgraded to 1-BR's. Now that he has a fiancee, we go for 2-BR. When it's just DH and me, we find studios are fine. Wish they'd put more in so they're not so hard to book!!!
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

I only use a studio on my solo trips. All other trips are in a larger villa.
    ~Linda

Next scheduled trips
    Sept. 28-Oct. 3 (Aulani)
    Oct. 3-6 DL/DCA (GC-waitlist)