Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: New DVC Location

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: New DVC Location

As always, there are many rumors regarding the next Disney Vacation Club resort beyond Riviera which is currently under construction. Among those potential locations are a resort at Ft. Wilderness, near the front gate to Epcot, in the current location of the Contemporary Convention Center, and in the new Disneyland resort set to break ground this summer.

Topic: Which rumored DVC location is of most interest to you?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see more rooms at the Contemporary location - BLT is so popular it can be hard to get in to. But, they really need more rooms at DLR given how small VGC is!!!
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter any more. Points cost so much I'm out of the Add On market and the points per night at the new places are so high they eat up what points I do have way too fast.

I'm happy with what I have.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=KNWVIKING 2.0;197945 the points per night at the new places are so high they eat up what points I do have way too fast.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the way we're looking at it too. I was shocked to check some dates (forget when) and see that Poly studio took fewer points than BLT lake view studio for that time frame. We may actually look more closely at it just to check it out. Bucket list is to stay at all the WDW DVC resorts.
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

I am quite interested to see what Disney does with the Riviera, so that is the future resort I'm focusing on at the moment. After the Riviera, the one possible DVC location I'd be most interested in is Disneyland. Its been over four years since our last trip to Disneyland and we definitely want to visit it again. Being able to use DVC points to stay at a Disneyland DVC resort would help make the trip more affordable.

Post Thanks / Like

I love BLT, but we really don't need more points there. I am curious about the Riviera Resort and if the Skyliner is air conditioned it will be great year round transport to two Disney Parks, DHS and EPCOT. However, I am not sure we are in the market for more points. So to stay at any new DVC resorts will be booked at the 7 month mark for us.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not ruling out an add-on at the Riviera (depending on what it's like and if we like the idea), but I would also strongly consider something if they put a DVC resort at the Epcot front gate.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: New DVC Location

None of them. The crowds are already too much and putting more people on the property for the same amount of space as before isn’t going to win new fans. Yes, I know about Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge, but those are lands built after destroying other lands (the Studios has, what, 5 attractions?).

Build a new theme park first - you have DisneySea in Japan to use as an example that’s loaded with stuff Florida doesn’t have!

Put a DVC in Japan, in France, in Shanghai and Hong Kong!
    WDW: '71 HoJo; '78 HRP; '82 CR; '86 THV; '91 CR; '92 FW; '96 Poly; '97 CBR; '01 AKL; '02 OffProp; '07 C@FW; '09 SSR; '11 AKV; '16 PVB/DCL-W
    DLR: '81 OffProp; '05 HoJo; '13 VGC
    Aulani: '15
    Still waiting for DVC in Paris & Tokyo

Post Thanks / Like

None of the new resorts interest me. I also couldn't justify the price Disney is charging for points today. I will stick with our home resort we've had for many years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I love BLT, but we really don't need more points there. I am curious about the Riviera Resort and if the Skyliner is air conditioned it will be great year round transport to two Disney Parks, DHS and EPCOT. However, I am not sure we are in the market for more points. So to stay at any new DVC resorts will be booked at the 7 month mark for us.
    I wish they'd build another tower myself. Not necessarily so we could buy more points but so maybe there wouldn't be as much competition for certain room types. Although I'm sure they'd still pretty much book just as early there too.