Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disneyland Fastpass Max

Post Thanks / Like

Question Disneyland Fastpass Max

Anyone have any experience with DL fastpass max app? I've been watching a few youtube videos and I basically get it, but was wondering how that works with park hopping. I know it's currently $10 per day, per person and includes photo pass, which is nice. Can we have a fastpass at California Adventure AND DL at the same time? Did you like it? Was it worth it? If I remember correctly, you could do that with the paper fastpasses. DH and I were planning on going to Universal Hollywood and decided we really wanted to spend a few nights at DL instead, as it's been a while for us. We're arriving on a Sunday morning and leaving that Wednesday afternoon, so we're thinking we'll just get it for that Monday and Tuesday.
    ~Amy~

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP Max is great unless you like extra walking!

We love FP Max. It eliminates walking around collecting paper FPs at each ride kiosk.

With th the new system, you can only hold one FP for both parks. So be sure to get a new one when they are available.

If you want to save money, you can pick up paper FPs using your park ticket. When you get to the FP line, use your park ticket in the machine. The paper FP tickets are just for reminders.

It sounds like you will be traveling to CA soon. We are just starting what is now a series of
    spring break weeks. So FP Max will be very helpful to cut your wait time!

Enjoy Disneyland. The Food and Wine Festival is really fun right now too!
    Beth

3. Thanks Aurora912 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beth! We are going Sunday, April 29th - Wednesday, May 2nd so hopefully the crowds won't be terrible on the weekdays. It wasn't terrible when we went during that time two years ago. We figured we would get it for the two full days we are there. I too love the idea of walking into the park and not rushing to a ride for a fastpass that might not even have a line compared to another ride. It's really nice to see all the current ride fastpass options at once.
    ~Amy~

Post Thanks / Like

Default You may want to consider a Fantasmic FP!

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel right now for my husband’s birthday. Is is less busy this year than most but the unsettled weather is probably helping. You are much better off coming when you are scheduled!

We really love the new Fantasmic. So much better than the old one. It is definitely my favorite show in the two parks. Just realized you can even get a FP for it on FP Max but I highly recommend doing one of the lunches or dinners that include Fantasmic. Blue Bayou is the best since they give you a cushion to sit on and the food is good but the new River Belle is less expensive and you still get to sit on the ground in a primo location.

Whatever you do, have fun!
    Beth

6. Thanks Aurora912 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethBruin View Post
    We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel right now for my husband’s birthday. Is is less busy this year than most but the unsettled weather is probably helping. You are much better off coming when you are scheduled!

We really love the new Fantasmic. So much better than the old one. It is definitely my favorite show in the two parks. Just realized you can even get a FP for it on FP Max but I highly recommend doing one of the lunches or dinners that include Fantasmic. Blue Bayou is the best since they give you a cushion to sit on and the food is good but the new River Belle is less expensive and you still get to sit on the ground in a primo location.

Whatever you do, have fun!
    First off, happy birthday to your husband! We LOVE Blue Bayou and make a reservation every trip. I'll see if I can add the Fantasmic option to that reservation for sure. We haven't been to DL in two years, so it'll be nice to see the new show. Enjoy your vacation and, of course, have a magical time!
    ~Amy~

Post Thanks / Like

Default No FP Max for Shows!

We learned yesterday that you must pick up a paper FP in Frontierland for Fantasmic and in DCA for WOC. So I hope you are able to add Fantasmic dining to your reservations!

Enjoy your trip, Amy! Almost all the boards are down on Main Street and the new brick looks great!
    Beth

9. Thanks Aurora912 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're awesome, Beth! Thanks so much for thinking of me. I had no idea they were touching up Main Street, so that's exciting. Unfortunately, in addition to Pirates being closed, it looks like no World of Color for me and hubby due to all the renovations going on at the new "Pixar Pier." We're only there until May 2nd and I just saw May 4th they're incorporating Star Wars into the Space Mountain ride. Stinks we'll miss that, but hopefully we'll miss the higher crowds that go with that.
    ~Amy~