Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Best Mode of Transportation

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Best Mode of Transportation

Walt Disney World seemingly has every mode of transportation covered: Monorail, buses, boats, Minnie Vans, Skyliner (soon!), even walking paths between many destinations. But of all those options, which one is the best?

Topic: What is your favorite mode of transportation for getting around Walt Disney World?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

For us our best mode of transportation is our feet - we enjoy the walking paths, our next preference would be the monorail, than the bus and, last resort, taxi. I can only count a hand full of times we've used a taxi. Since joining DVC we tend to stick to the park we can walk. If we're on a park-less vacation we like to stay within walking distance of the Springs, stick to the amenities that are offered at the resort we're staying or the bus. When we take a vacation that is dependent on busing we do the FP+ on the fly as we take the first bus that pulls up rarely putting us in a situation of waiting for a specific bus. We also take buses that can drop us in one location and we can walk to our preferred location - this usually being Epcot or HS. We appreciate the internal transpo and tired feet have let us to use the boats from HS or Epcot however I've no patience for the mid-stops at the Dolphin, YC and BW so we usually disembark at the 1st one and walk the rest of our way to our primary destination.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Since we always have a car, driving is our preferred method (I never understood "I'm on vacation, last thing I want to do is drive....")

The one bus we will take is to MK. If you are not staying at a MK resort, the bus is the quickest. That said, we often arrive at MK by way of WL boat - we love visiting this resort.

Not a huge fan of the monorail other than to treat it like a Ride. At least once per trip we will ride SE and then exit the park, hop on the Monorail, do a loop and then go back into EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Best Mode of Transportation

Nothing is better than the Monorail.

Boats would be number 2. It was great to be able to get to Disney Springs via boat last time.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we use every mode of Disney transportation with the exception of Magical Express as we drive to WDW. And it is true that sometimes we will drive to a park. But unless we are worried about not getting to the park in time for a FP+ we usually will take the bus. DH usually drives and he deserves a vacation too specially since we just drove 995 miles to get WDW. My personal favorite is a toss up between the monorail and the smaller boat taxis especially the ones at MK both are like going on an attraction that just happens to get you to your destination.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Best Mode of Transportation

We always use rental cars throughout our vacation. I do, however, love the boats to Disney Springs and the Friendship boats at the Epcot resorts. Monorails - meh...crowded, hot and break downs! Buses NEVER. What I do love above all else is Magical Express. I cannot begin to tell you how my family and guests find it absolutely the best thing ever that you can tag your luggage at the home airport and find it again in your Disney hotel room. Best idea they ever had.

Post Thanks / Like

Which one is best, for us, is whichever makes the most sense for our plans at the moment. We use them all (including the walking paths to DHS). We enjoy the boats. The monorail (when not hot and crowded) still has a cool factor. And the buses, well, they are just a necessity whenever we fly down and don't rent a car. I think the skyliner will also offer a cool factor. I'm curious how fast/slow they'll go. Overall, I think what is best about the transportation is that Disney offers so many different forms of it. I think that's part of the delight on top of the operational necessity.
    Once again I arrived at the same old conclusion: Gonna need more points!

Post Thanks / Like

Since I am from south Louisiana, I love the boats. But heck, the train around MK is just as much fun as anything. We use it all. I hope to try lyft or a MINNIE van on the next trip. As long as I am not driving, it makes for a great vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

We are sort of inconsistent about having a car or not to get to Orlando, but once there, the car stays in the lot. I am pretty much a fan of the buses when I'm heading to the park and time is the critical factor. Otherwise, the boats are a fun alternative. I will say that there have been some routing changes in the busses that are making them more painful at the DVC resorts than they used to be. I used to like the monorail until we spent 3 weeks at the Poly. Mostly the monorail has become a foul smelling, over crowded mess that do not run consistently. Last summer, we tried the now defunct buses between the parks and loved that. Of course they got replaced by the Minnie van which for the 2 of us is just too expensive. I would drive before paying that fee.

AKVHutch

Post Thanks / Like

We rent a car because we're just too impatient with the overall slowness of the transportation system. We'll use the buses 1-2 times per trip and I do like the boat rides, but we've found in Epcot that we could walk faster around the world showcase than take the boat. I like the monorail best, but always worry about it breaking down.
    ~Amy~