Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riviera Resort Construction Update - February 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default Riviera Resort Construction Update - February 2018

Construction is moving at a brisk pace on Disney Vacation Club's fifteenth timeshare property.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

How does WDWMagic know that it will have 300 accommodation units? Are they estimating that number based on the number of floors the size of the building. That number seems high to me as it would make it the size of BLT, which is 15 stories. But then maybe they are not talking about the standard DVC 2BR unit, they could be counting each entrance door to a room, so all lockoff 2BRs count as two units and each dedicated 1BR and dedicated studio would count as one unit. That could really increase the number of units.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    How does WDWMagic know that it will have 300 accommodation units?
    The press release from DVC.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300488813.html
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really looking forward to seeing what DVC does here with this Resort. I'm tentatively pre-planning a 2020 stay here.
    It's also got some trivial personal interest for me in that the Caribbean Beach was my first WDW Resort way back in 1991, and I spent 12 years working as the Bell Captain at the "Riviera", a large resort in Palm Springs, CA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worldfanatic View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what DVC does here with this Resort. I'm tentatively pre-planning a 2020 stay here.
    It's also got some trivial personal interest for me in that the Caribbean Beach was my first WDW Resort way back in 1991, and I spent 12 years working as the Bell Captain at the "Riviera", a large resort in Palm Springs, CA.
    Sounds like Disney has some lofty expectations to meet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    I wish they would say what 300 units means. If it is 300 2BR units that will be a very large resort.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    From the construction photos and knowing that it will be 15 stories, I wonder if it will be around the size of BLT?
    Based on the artist drawing of the building, I don't think it will be more than 9 or 10 stories. Its the high rise being constructed over at Coronado Springs that has been announced as having 15 stories.

By the way, I wish Disney hadn't used the word 'Unit' in its writeup. I understand when the general public uses the words unit, villa, room, and vacation home interchangeably. But Disney should know that "Unit" carries a specific definition in DVC's legal documents.

Post Thanks / Like

The concept art seems to show 8 floors and the Footprint of the building thus far erected would allow for the rooms projected, so I don't expect to be more than the 8 floors. Which means they are already more than 1/2 way UP. I am interested in this project so much more than I was for CCV, and am glad to see its progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anything been communicated about theme or look/feel beyond just the exterior artist rendering? It looks pretty but it looks pretty generic, too.
    Once again I arrived at the same old conclusion: Gonna need more points!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizDays View Post
    Has anything been communicated about theme or look/feel beyond just the exterior artist rendering? It looks pretty but it looks pretty generic, too.
    Yeah I honestly was just telling my wife that I have no desire, whatsoever, to stay there. I just way more enjoy the more "thematic" resorts and am really spoiled by BLT anyway and that proximity to my favorite park. I just love the walk and always look forward to it. It has to be pouring rain for me to take the monorail back or to ride it over there.