Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Reassurance about Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Reassurance about Bay Lake Tower

Hi Everyone! My youngest daughter (age 12) had to have a liver transplant on October 29, 2018. She is doing okay but our life is more like riding a roller coaster now then a merry-go-round with lots of ups and downs. She was fortunate to be given a Make-A-Wish and she chose a Disney Dream cruise. As we will be in Florida, we decided to splurge and get her a 6 days in Bay Lake Tower as she's always wanted to stay there. We went to Disney last August before we new anything was wrong with her and used up and borrowed points to give the family a long trip. So to make this special trip happen we paid cash (makes you realize why you became a member when you see how much it's costing). When looking into reviews for Bay Lake, I'm finding some scary comments about rude staff and unclean rooms. As it's very important that her room is very clean, I was wondering what other people have to say about the room conditions and the hotel in general. All comments are welcome! Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just read that....I mean October 29, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirls3 View Post
    Hi Everyone! My youngest daughter (age 12) had to have a liver transplant on October 29, 2018. She is doing okay but our life is more like riding a roller coaster now then a merry-go-round with lots of ups and downs. She was fortunate to be given a Make-A-Wish and she chose a Disney Dream cruise. As we will be in Florida, we decided to splurge and get her a 6 days in Bay Lake Tower as she's always wanted to stay there. We went to Disney last August before we new anything was wrong with her and used up and borrowed points to give the family a long trip. So to make this special trip happen we paid cash (makes you realize why you became a member when you see how much it's costing). When looking into reviews for Bay Lake, I'm finding some scary comments about rude staff and unclean rooms. As it's very important that her room is very clean, I was wondering what other people have to say about the room conditions and the hotel in general. All comments are welcome! Thank you!!
    Housekeeping issues aren’t isolated to BLT, so I wouldn’t worry about a location based on that. If they don’t clean it to your liking just call the switchboard operator and they’ll get a message to the front desk. They’re usually good about getting it taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks disneygirls3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While it has been awhile since we stayed there, we loved BLT and never had a problem with staff. While many love the MK view, we prefer the Bay Lake view, enjoy sitting on the balcony and watching the boats. Your little princess will love BLT.

6. Thanks disneygirls3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not worry about staying at BLT. Since 2010, we have stayed at BLT nine times, plus booked four other BLT stays for family members. We have never had any real issues with cleanliness, nor have we had any issues with rude staff.

Over the years I have read some horror stories about unclean rooms and rude Cast Members. Thing is, these stories cover all Disney resorts, so its not limited to just one or two resorts. Also, its not uncommon to have someone post a negative comment about a resort and then someone else post a very positive comment about the very same resort.

8. Thanks disneygirls3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Negative reports are often posted, whereas positive reports often are not posted, especially on Trip Advisor. I have given up on reports from that site. As to room cleaning, since your daughter needs to be in a super clean room due to medical reasons, you can tell Disney that you need a VIP cleaning for the room due to her recent liver transplant. They should ask all sorts of comments as to what needs to be done including about problems with chemicals used in the room and for the sheets (softener). I hope your daughter's recovery goes well and you all have a wonderful stay at BLT. And if she needs special consideration for getting on the rides for a shorter wait time, you might want to consider Disney's Disability Access Service. https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/med...2015-04-30.pdf
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

10. Thanks disneygirls3 thanked for this post
    Likes Fred M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BLT is our home resort and we love it. Each time we've stayed there we were in a standard room and had full view of the fireworks. The kids love being able to watch from the balcony in their jammies then go straight to bed. No guarantee every standard view will give you that view but we've been lucky. And being on the monorail line, as well as, being able to walk to MK is a huge time saver (for us anyway).

I'm of the same opinion of negative reviews. Not saying everything is roses at Disney 24/7 but I've watched people lay in to cast members with unreasonable requests and the cast members responded respectfully but weren't able to accommodate. I'd watch the guest leave fuming at the cast member when in reality the cast member was extremely professional. Some people think you are an a$@ #$*# just because you aren't giving in to their request not because you were actually rude. Also I've found that in the age of social media people write when they are angry without maybe thinking about the totality of what happened. Plus, the easiest way to get free stuff is to complain. We've encountered 'uninspired' cast members but we've been fortunate enough to never have dealt with a rude one. Each trip to BLT has been fantastic and with the growing number of points/hotels affecting possible availability we'd be perfectly happy staying at BLT for the remainder of our contract.

Out of curiosity did you book BLT through Disney or rent points? Renting points for stays is much cheaper then paying cash directly to Disney . We've used David's vacation rentals in the past and have nothing but great things to say. Availability is different from the DVC pool vs the Cash pool but check it out and if you can cancel a cash booking and rent points you'll likely save a lot of money.
    WDW - POFQ, CS, ASM, BLT, OKW, VWL, AKL - (9 trips)
    DL - 4 trips
    DCL - 2 cruises
    Aulani - 3 trips

12. Thanks disneygirls3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    BLT is our home resort and we love it. Each time we've stayed there we were in a standard room and had full view of the fireworks. The kids love being able to watch from the balcony in their jammies then go straight to bed. No guarantee every standard view will give you that view but we've been lucky. And being on the monorail line, as well as, being able to walk to MK is a huge time saver (for us anyway).

I'm of the same opinion of negative reviews. Not saying everything is roses at Disney 24/7 but I've watched people lay in to cast members with unreasonable requests and the cast members responded respectfully but weren't able to accommodate. I'd watch the guest leave fuming at the cast member when in reality the cast member was extremely professional. Some people think you are an a$@ #$*# just because you aren't giving in to their request not because you were actually rude. Also I've found that in the age of social media people write when they are angry without maybe thinking about the totality of what happened. Plus, the easiest way to get free stuff is to complain. We've encountered 'uninspired' cast members but we've been fortunate enough to never have dealt with a rude one. Each trip to BLT has been fantastic and with the growing number of points/hotels affecting possible availability we'd be perfectly happy staying at BLT for the remainder of our contract.

Out of curiosity did you book BLT through Disney or rent points? Renting points for stays is much cheaper then paying cash directly to Disney . We've used David's vacation rentals in the past and have nothing but great things to say. Availability is different from the DVC pool vs the Cash pool but check it out and if you can cancel a cash booking and rent points you'll likely save a lot of money.

We called DVC and paid cash for the room. We will be traveling on the cruise June24-29th and then staying at Bay Lake from June29th-July5th. Since we will be there during a very busy time we did the cash route.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I will definitely look into the Disability Access Service.

Post Thanks / Like

As with most DVC venues, we have had some stellar CM experience at BLT. While the decor doesn't do much for me and we walk over to use the Contemporary's pool and attendant food/beverage providers, I find Bay Lake comfortable and welcoming. We're looking forward to our December 2018 stay.

Janet & Dan

16. Thanks disneygirls3 thanked for this post