Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Permits a Precursor to New Epcot DVC?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are Permits a Precursor to New Epcot DVC?

New permit applications suggest Disney has big plans for the area surrounding Epcot...big enough to accommodate a hotel overlooking Future World which has been subject of rumors for the last couple of years.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep wondering if this is an alternative location for the previously announced Star Wars hotel that was to be located near the Swan and Dolphin. This hotel would be removing the tennis courts and possibly the Fantastia Putt Putt courses in the Swan-Fin location. Maybe with good response to that announcement Disney has decided they wanted to go with a larger hotel. It would place a hotel just across Epcot Resorts Blvd. from the Beach Club.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I keep wondering if this is an alternative location for the previously announced Star Wars hotel that was to be located near the Swan and Dolphin. This hotel would be removing the tennis courts and possibly the Fantastia Putt Putt courses in the Swan-Fin location. Maybe with good response to that announcement Disney has decided they wanted to go with a larger hotel. It would place a hotel just across Epcot Resorts Blvd. from the Beach Club.
    Marriott reportedly is the one that's going to build near the Swan/Dolphin. It would most likely be on land that's included in the Swan/Dolphin ground lease.

Speculation is that the Star Wars hotel would be built across from DHS between the new entrance road currently under construction (off Osceola Pkwy) and Victory Way (across from Art of Animation).
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    Marriott reportedly is the one that's going to build near the Swan/Dolphin. It would most likely be on land that's included in the Swan/Dolphin ground lease.

Speculation is that the Star Wars hotel would be built across from DHS between the new entrance road currently under construction (off Osceola Pkwy) and Victory Way (across from Art of Animation).
    Didn't Disney already replace the Oceala entrance way to DHS?

Or is another one being built off of Victory Way?

I am a little disappointed that Disney is not going to do the Star Wars Resort hotel.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

As with many things for which there is limited information available, there is much speculation about what Disney plans to do with the Epcot area. Some people think that Disney will build a new resort hotel inside the current perimeter of Epcot. It would be in the northwest corner of the Park between The Land (home of Soarin') and the Seas (home of the Nemo ride). Section L403-370, which is currently outside the Park, would become the new resort's parking lot and 'backstage' area for guests and Cast Members.

We may not see any major guest-related construction in this area for 5-10 years. Years ago, I read that Disney and the Reedy Creek Improvement District had 10-year plans that served as a framework for future development. Some of projects on these plans were written in pencil and were changed or died, never seeing the light of day. This major Master Concept Plan for the Epcot Basin lays the groundwork for future development, but we still don't know what Disney will do. In all likelihood, Disney doesn't know for sure what it will do.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else feel like "The World" is just getting too big? There was a time when I thought I would eventually stay at every resort, now it seems like an impossibility. New DVC resorts require so many more points than they did in the past, I just can't rationalize spending twice the points for half the time.

Guess I'm just getting old and cranky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Didn't Disney already replace the Osceola entrance way to DHS? Or is another one being built off of Victory Way?
    The new DHS entrance is still under construction. It will be a right hand exit off Osceola Pkwy (near AoA) which will bridge over Victory Way. It will tie in to the back of the existing parking lot.

Michael

8. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be way off base, but we were recently at DHS and talking to a Cast Member near Toy Story, and they told us that the Star Wars Hotel was in the process of bring built our behind Star Tours. That each guest as they check in would be given a costume and allowed to enter Star Wars area in DHS direct from the hotel. May have been foofing us, but seemed sincere.

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot DVC, Epcot expansion?

Either sounds pretty good to me!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    The new DHS entrance is still under construction. It will be a right hand exit off Osceola Pkwy (near AoA) which will bridge over Victory Way. It will tie in to the back of the existing parking lot.

Thanks Michael, they are really making it easier to get into DHS from the north, where they are modifying the entrance too and the south.
    --Denise