Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update: All DVC Resorts at Walt Disney World Now Offering Minnie Van Transport

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update: All DVC Resorts at Walt Disney World Now Offering Minnie Van Transport

All Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World are now participating in the Minnie Van transportation system.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were at Walt Disney World in December 2017, we took advantage of the Minnie Van Service to get from AKV-Kidani back to BLT two times. Each time, the Minnie Van drivers said that there weren't enough vehicles for the heavy demand periods (weekend evenings) but that Disney was slowly building up the fleet of vehicles.

Although Old Key West may not yet "officially" part of the Minnie Van System, guests can still use the Minnie Vans to get to OKW from anywhere on property.

Also, one thing I didn't realize about the Minnie Vans is that the drivers will make an intermediate stop at the Speedway Gas Stations & Convenience Stores on property for no extra charge. If you are going from Hollywood Studios back to the Polynesian, you can have the driver stop at the Speedway near BWV and pick up some items and then continue your trip for the same flat fee.

BTW, when we used the Lyft app to request our Minnie Van rides, we got some discounts from Lyft that reduced the cost from $20 to $15.

And one more BTW: When using the Lyft app, be sure to select the "Minnie Van Service." If you aren't careful, you can get a regular Lyft driver.

3. Thanks Fred M thanked for this post
    Likes Fred M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Most DVC Resorts Now Offering Minnie Van Transport

Old Key West is officially participating and has been for a while. They were added as a participating resort in November during my DCP according to an email. Was also invited to use Minnievans two weeks ago when I stayed there

5. Thanks Fred M thanked for this post
    Likes Fred M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What about tipping for Minnie Vans?

We saw a lot of Minnie Vans coming and going from BLT recently. I’m assuming we are expected to tip the drivers like we would a taxi?
    Beth

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, we didn't tip them. Didn't even think about it. But I have read reports that conflict that they tipped and others that the driver wouldn't take the tip. I know from now on we will tip them.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Update: All DVC Resorts at Walt Disney World Now Offering Minnie Van Transport

I've read conflicting stories about tipping. I've read both that it's included in the fee and I've read it's optional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethBruin View Post
    We saw a lot of Minnie Vans coming and going from BLT recently. I’m assuming we are expected to tip the drivers like we would a taxi?
    Although the tip option is enabled in the Lyft app (reportedly, Lyft refused to disable it), tipping is not expected. The drivers are supposed to refuse a cash tip (though reports are some have accepted it).
    Michael

10. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't these drivers CM's using company owned vehicles? I would treat them like a bus driver.

That said, I've been on the Epcot Fireworks Cruise and it is customary to tip the Captain, but I think he does a lot more than just steer a boat - he's also your tour guide.

I know when I use Uber, no cash changes hands. If I wish to tip, I add it onto the final transaction on my phone app.

Post Thanks / Like

Any info on whether any of these are wheelchair-accessible? I know when they first came out, none were equipped with a wheelchair ramp. We'd love to look into the service if it was (our son is wheelchair-bound). Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robmonken View Post
    Any info on whether any of these are wheelchair-accessible? I know when they first came out, none were equipped with a wheelchair ramp. We'd love to look into the service if it was (our son is wheelchair-bound). Thanks!
    Yes, there are Minnie vehicles that are wheelchair accessible. When we were at WDW in December 2017, there were two Ford Transit vehicles that were ADA accessible.

Back in December, these ADA Minnie Vans could not be ordered via the Lyft app. Instead, they have to be ordered through the front desk or Guest Services. The cost is the same as for a standard Minnie Van.

If I recall correctly, the ADA Minnie Vans can only accommodate four guests if one needs a wheelchair. However, if your party is larger than four people, Disney will send a second Minnie Van to handle the rest of your party at no extra charge.
    Last edited by wdrl; 02-12-2018 at 11:42 AM.