Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Plans for 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Plans for 2019

Whether you frequent Disneyland or Walt Disney World, you probably know the significance of the year 2019--the grand opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Given fandom surrounding the Star Wars franchise, the crowds certain to flock to these 14 acre expansions may make Harry Potter look like a mere Muggle. Disney regulars, inluding DVC members, will have to decide whether they want to brave the crowds to get an early look at the new Star Wars attractions or wait for the hysteria to subside.

Topic: Do you plan to alter your DVC travel patterns in 2019 (and beyond) as a result of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

To some degree, we will alter our plans for 2019. We usually visit twice a year and spend about 20-25 days at WDW, and 2019 will be no different. However, we will definitely wait until Disney announces the opening of Star Wars Land before we finalize our trips. I'd hate to book a DVC stay for, say, October 15-25 only to find that Star Wars Land opens on October 26th!

Also, my brother is a big Star Wars fan so we will probably try to book a family trip so that he can visit, too. He really doesn't care for Disney but he is actually looking forward to what Disney does with Star Wars Land. So if we book a family trip, we will need to alter our plans, i.e., change from booking a studio to booking a one-bedroom.

So, yes, 2019 will be a different year for us!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ride openings really don't affect our plans.

One trip a year is with my son and his family and they have to book it when the kids are able to have off. Our second trip - if there is one, will revolve around F&W and Christmas Season.

Until they announce the opening of "Free Beer & Bacon Mountain" I'll just continue to hit the new rides the next time I'm there.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I are not Star Wars fans. We prefer Star Trek. I hope the new land is a great success and draws some of the crowd from my favorite park - The Magic Kingdom. We come to Disney every year for approximately two weeks so we have plenty of time to see things at our leasure. When a new ride opens up, we usually wait a year or two before riding it. This gives the attraction time to shake out the bugs and for the insane crowds to lessen a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

While we enjoy Star Wars we stopped following the story after the first trilogy. I did watch the movie where Han Solo was killed by his son to try and update myself but I am totally confused during the Hollywood Studios production at closing with the fireworks - we've done it twice and decided that was enough. Consequently, no, this is one event that we'll catch when we're on another trip but not plan our future trip around.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Plans for 2019

I for one, want to be there Day 1 of the opening.
    Last edited by RoHa; 02-05-2018 at 10:06 AM.

7. Likes TimK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to add one more thought about Star Wars Land: Chances are we will not know when Star Wars Land will debut until we are well past the 11-month and 7-month DVC booking windows. Toy Story Land is suppose to open "Summer 2018" but the exact date has yet to be announced. The 11-month home resort booking window opened last year for bookings in the Summer of 2018. And, as of today, the 7-month non-resort window is open for stays starting September 5, 2018.

If Disney announced today that Toy Story Land will open for Memorial Day weekend, it might be too late for most DVC members to change the reservations they have for later in the year.

Post Thanks / Like

If Star Wars: Galaxy Edge doesn't open before our scheduled December 2019 trip, we will miss it. Like wdrl said we would try to tweak the dates of our trips, but right now it is really hard to figure out when it will open. My DBIL would like us or his sister to book him into the fancy Star Wars hotel that is planned, but construction hasn't even started, but if he wants to do that, it won't be on our points since it will not be a DVC resort. And I am not sure I want to be so submerged into the Star Wars genre that I dress up in character. I'll wear SW tee shirts but more than that is too much for me.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

No change in ours - we're looking at a January 2019 WDW trip.

Maybe we'll pull something together for summer 2019 at Disneyland? *shakes Magic 8 Ball* "Ask again later"
    [WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17, BCV 1/19, BCV 4/19]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 6/96, 11/96, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me46, wife46, daughter19, son17, son14]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half, 2019 SW Rival Run Challenge]

Post Thanks / Like

We always try to do two consecutive trips with an annual passes for a couple weeks each. We had originally planned to go March of 2019 and Jan 2020 to WDW. Our recent trip to Aulani was so awesome we decided to alter our plans. We have a Disney cruise in September then we’ll go back to Aulani in Jan 2019. We’ll make our two WDW trips Jan and Dec 2020. This should ensure by Dec 2020 all the new lands are open and the crowds have somewhat dispersed (comparatively to the first 6 months) Our Jan trip will also include a Disney Star Wars cruise and likely our last Disney cruise.
    [SIZE=2]WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy/May 2016(AKV-Kidani)/Jan2017 (Aulani)/Jan2018 (Aulani)