Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Leaving the Disney Bubble

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Leaving the Disney Bubble

More and more entertainment venues continue to move into the Central Florida area. Universal Studios Florida is the prime compeditor to Disney with its Harry Potter and Marvel attractions, a new water park and a growing list of themed hotels. But even if Universal isn’t your cup ‘o tea, Sea World, Legoland, Busch Gardens and many other niche venues provide alternatives. Meanwhile Disney makes a hard push to keep guests on property with theme parks, water parks, shopping, golf, dozens of restaurants, free airport transportation and more.

Topic: Do you typically venture off of Disney property when visiting Walt Disney World?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

After 6 DVC trips to Florida I have still not seen any other park, be it Universal or others..
    I have had ambitions to do so.... But then time seems to pass me by and resort days seem to take the
    non park days.
    This June, I have a plan to go see Kennedy Space Center and Visit St. Augustine though.
    Ambition is still a visit to Universal.... Then again...
    I like Disney, and Disney Springs and it normally gives me what I look for.
    We have combined WDW with a week on the gulf coast a couple of times.
    And i do have to visit Publix or a Walmart once a day, It is so different from stores here that it still feels exotic.

G
    Last edited by Bolebrothers; 01-29-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Leaving the Disney Bubble

we left the bubble last night to attend the pro bowl and admittedly we were in a older section of orlando but once again cemented the bubble aspect of wdw which for us is a posittive i can see slums and trash at home - don't need it on vacation.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE Outside the Bubble. Great food at Great prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. haven't even been to Universal since 2002. Although I' love to, for the Harry Potter lands. We stay in the bubble.

Post Thanks / Like

We typically spend our Orlando vacation at WDW because we go there to be at Disney. Until we purchased DVC in 2009, going to Disney was rare and sometimes when we traveled to Florida and we saw other venues. But now we miss being at Disney. As to dining off property, except for local restaurants, going to a chain restaurant I can go to at home doesn't attract me as that doesn't feel like I am on vacation. We have eaten off property, just not that often, part of the fun at being on property is that we don't have to drive somewhere to eat at a nice restaurant.

I would recommend that people check out other venues but sometimes it is not easy to pull yourself away. The Harry Potter attractions at Universal are well done at Universal but since they split them between two parks you are forced to pay for two parks.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

My son says that "off campus" trips are strictly prohibited so no leaving the bubble for us!

Post Thanks / Like

Since joining DVC I haven't ventured out of the bubble. I would like to see Universal, but when I already have a season pass to WDW I just haven't been motivated enough to spend the extra money to venture over. Who knows, one day I may make it out. But for the time being I am enjoying all that the World has to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

I travel 2,400 miles to enter the Bubble, leaving it while there would be counterproductive.
    I have done it a few times, for HP land, to visit Miami & the real Key West, or catch a cruise out of Port Canaveral. But leaving it to grab an inexpensive dinner or see another attraction around Orlando doesn't appeal at all.
    I also never want to have a car at WDW, so in the Bubble I stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Leaving the Disney Bubble

it is RARE that we DON'T travel off site... while we love Disney, and will continue to go, they make it so cost prohibitive to do things there..

We always rent a car, Stops at Walmart are common for water munchies and adult beverages.... stops at many of the fine restaurants outside Disney ( oh and Denny's early in the am... full breakfast for less than 10 dollars each ), good food reasonably priced... Golf... usually 20-30% less than Disney and excellent courses..Universal is almost always a must... we joke as a family, what day are we doing the big boy rides...
    Disney springs? well that is now almost a waste of time... Citi Walk is a must.... ( bring back pleasure island and yes we will stay there at night, without that you almost have to ask, why go to Downtown Disney, btw, our family still calls it Disney Village Marketplace... that's when it was fun...)

I guess my point is, we love Disney, but also love other parts of the Orlando area..if you go to Orlando, and ONLY do Disney, you are missing so much more...

11. Likes KNWVIKING 2.0 liked this post