Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Suggestions for DVC resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for DVC resorts

We just returned from a week in Myrtle Beach at the Marriott Oceanview Resort (Getaway through II).

First, the resort is absolutely stunning and the staff were the best.

Few of the highlights I wish DVC Resorts offered:

1: GAS grills throughout the resort - very nice grills, high end.

2: LARGE gas fire pits.

3: Outdoor pools heated to 85F.

Couple easy suggestions:

1: The day before check out they slide a card under your door. It serves two purpose; one, you hang it on your door when you leave to let housekeeping know the room is empty - no 8:00 AM mystery door knocking or phone calls. Second - and I think the best part - you write down any room discrepancies you feel should be addressed before the next guest check in.

2: Aside from standard luggage carts, they offered something that looked like a cross between a grocery cart and a rolling laundry basket. Much handier to move groceries into your room rather than a luggage cart.

On Tuesday at 4:00 PM they had a FREE wine and beer social with cheese board and lite snacks. All you cared to eat and drink until 6:30. Thursday was a Sangria social. Next time you do a pitcher of Sangria, start soaking a big bag of Gummie Bears in Vodka the night before and then add to the Sangria.

Last little tid bit that made the last day great: Late check out. They gave us an extra 90 minutes and this gave us the opportunity for one last morning hot tub soak.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! I especially like the idea of the card to let housekeeping know when you check out. Makes so much sense to help both sides. Are the cart substitute things similar to what they have at DHHI resort (except for the main building)?

Post Thanks / Like

IIR, the carts at HHI are almost like a big push wagon. They are very functional for pretty much everything.

These carts reminded me of what the laundrymate that we went to when I was a kid for transfering wet clothes from the washer to the dryer. The basket is a little smaller and not as deep as a shopping cart and there is no push handle, just grab anywhere and pull/push.