Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Price Increase Impact

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Price Increase Impact

Several days ago, the prices on most Disney Vacation Club resorts increased with several older properties crossing the $200 threshold. All of these destinations can also be purchased via the resale market. But with direct prices rising, sellers may soon seek higher asking prices when selling their unwanted points. If so, by how much will prices rise and how soon?

Topic: What impact will the increased direct prices have on the resale marketplace?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, if Direct jumped up $20.00, resale can jump up at least $20.00

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed resale prices jumped up as soon as DVC announced the price increase. Suspect they're just going to keep going up, especially for the harder to get properties such as BCV, VGF, and BLT. We've been on the wait list for BLT because we were having such a hard time finding a non-stripped contract that wasn't outrageously priced, but we're still waiting ... May not happen now ...
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Price Increase Impact

LGM59 What do you mean when you stated you had a hard time finding a "non-stripped contract"? We are looking in to purchasing through resales as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Many of the resale properties were already on the rise and I too think the increase on the direct purchase just pushed them up more. Keep in mind that the resale prices were pretty stagnant for a number of years even as recently as 3 years ago. With real estate going up everywhere, I am not surprised to have timeshares follow suit.

If I was just starting to look at DVC I think the prices would hold me back from purchasing. The prices are so high and wages have not risen to match these increases. I have a feeling that there will be many more small purchases, putting additional strain on the studio availability. Plus there will probably be a large number of defaults on the loans after they have used their first 3 years of points. I just don't think our economy is that strong yet. People are carrying too much debt.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

6. Likes Aurora912 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird123 View Post
    LGM59 What do you mean when you stated you had a hard time finding a "non-stripped contract"? We are looking in to purchasing through resales as well.
    Not sure what you are asking, but if you are asking what a "non stripped contract" is, a Stripped Contract is one the owner is selling with no points available. Not only did they use their UY allotment, they borrowed next years also. Buying a stripped contract you cab't use it for nearly two years.

Post Thanks / Like

Also since the owner who is selling the stripped contract used next years points, they should be paying the annual dues for those points as part of the closing costs. It would be an estimated figure though credited to the money you owe them. In reality, DVC will expect the owner on the deed when the bill is issued to pay the taxes. That could easily be you depending on your closing date.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Not sure what you are asking, but if you are asking what a "non stripped contract" is, a Stripped Contract is one the owner is selling with no points available. Not only did they use their UY allotment, they borrowed next years also. Buying a stripped contract you cab't use it for nearly two years.
    That is what I was asking.. Thank you!