Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some DVC Rooms to Gain Pay-for-Play FastPass Option

Post Thanks / Like

Iím as frugal as they come, but as Zeravon pointed out, for $150/person, this can supercharge your stay and I personally think itís a bargain in Disney prices.

Think about it, how much are reserved fireworks dessert parties these days? $60+ a head? While the desserts are nice, people are paying for the location and the ability to not worry about staking a viewing spot with the masses an hour+ prior to showtime.

Now for an extra $90ish a person (on top of dessert party price) you get 9 premium fastpasses and another two days of reserved viewing areas? For as much as we pay for park tickets, it sadly sounds like a good deal to me.

Also, these people have paid ALOT of money to be in club level. Whatís another $1K to make absolutely sure your vacation is perfect. Iíd pay it. And I donít make a ton. $150/person isnít much different then a couple nice restaurants there...

This is definitely here to stay. As one person pointed out, the busses failed because no one used them. However, the premium busses cost disney a lot of money to be sitting around idling. This cost Disney practically nothing if no one uses it, which I donít think will happen. If nothing else, I can see this as them testing the water and prices for things to come.

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing to remember is that you need an hour between each FP+. So you have to be in a park a minimum of six hours to use the first three and then three more. Or park hop to use the others. But it still means a minimum of six hours just to use the six.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    I've been waiting to say this: I told you so!

So not only can they suck more Tier 1 rides, they can do so 30 before I even have a chance.
    Yup! This is Disney test marketing the concept. I absolutely hate this! There are people who save for a really long time to afford a trip to Disney, and now it will be even harder for them to get on the really popular rides because they can't afford to pay the premium prices like this. I too thought it was only a matter of time before they latched on to what Universal is doing, but I was so hoping Disney would take the high road. Once again, the almighty dollar wins!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Iím not really a fan ó feels like a way to raise ticket prices through a back door that only the wealthy can afford. Having said that, Iíve always been of the opinion that if you want something bad enough that you should go out and earn it. The question is, how much of this is over reach or greed ó and, do I care if those that can spend money this way do it? Can it hurt the brand? At what point are there diminishing returns from the cash grab? Maximizing profits is what we want as shareholders....without a perceived value the DVC ďinvestmentĒ would certainly be diminished... Iím conflicted on this one, I see both the negative & positive ó but, I think the market will ultimately determine whether it survives. My guess is yes because itís really a limited number of guests with these kind of resources. Look at these folks paying for these privileges as subsidizing the prices that everyone else is paying and it becomes a bit less annoying. Until the mouse is drawing smaller crowds the sky is the limit..
    Ron

2008 - Allstar Music, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - AKL, 2011 - WL, 2012 - WL, 2013 - WL, Mar 2014 - BC , Dec 2014 - AKV Kidani, Mar 2015 - VWL, Oct 2015 - PVB, Mar 2016 - VGC, Mar 2017 - VGC, Mar 2018 - VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a clearance shopper so I'll just make do with what comes with my AP - after all, how many rides do you need to do and how many times do you need to do them?

I think this would be good for the vacationer who needs to see it all because they'll not be returning.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen two mentions of the "other pool" of points that are available for the Fortune 500. What pool? Were these unused FP that have been sitting on the sidelines the entire time FP+ has been available? Are they speeding up the ride so now more ride cycles per hour exists (One of Ei$ner's cost cutting moves was to slow down high maintenance rides like the "Mountain Chain". If a PM was due every 1000 rides and a ride did 1000 per day, that's seven PM's per week. Slow the ride to 800 per day and knock out one PM). Will the parks stay open later; X number of FP per hour?

I think it stinks and it will only get worse. Disney greed has shown that time and again.
    Last edited by KNWVIKING 2.0; 01-16-2018 at 08:12 AM.

7. Thanks inkydinkydoo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like the standby line will be losing ride slots to me.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    It sounds like the standby line will be losing ride slots to me.
    Exactly!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default All I can say is ďreally?Ē

Nothing like catering to the top one percent who will actually think this is a deal.
    Yacht Club Resort '93, '94, '97, '05(Wedding), '07, '08, Ď17
    Beach Club Villas '13 (Marathon Weekend!), Ď15, Ď17

Dixie Landings Resort '00

Caribbean Beach Resort '04(Engagement)
    Bay Lake Tower '09, '10, '12, Ď15(Goofy Challenge), Ď17
    Poly Ď15, Ď17
    SSR
    '09, Ď13, Ď17
    Disney Cruise Line Magic '09
    Disney Cruise Line Disney Dream '11

Post Thanks / Like

Read on another forum a member had with a DVC executive that the tiered system is still being discussed and there is a possibility the members with over 1000 points will be offered 'special experiences'.

Janet & Dan