Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Security

Post Thanks / Like

We’ve been at Aulani for over a week now. The first two days they knocked on our door asking for the trash. One day my wife was sleeping so i asked if he could wait at the door while I grabbed the bags. He was happy to oblige.

Since then we’ve seen mousekeeping in the hallways every day, said hi, and had quick conversations. If we were coming back for a a few minutes to change or longer to have a nap we let them know as they were the ones that would be cleaning the room. Other than the first two days we haven’t been bothered by them once but they’ve taken the trash every day and done the trash towel/ full cleaning. We don’t expect the staff to know all our plans or expectations. We let them do their job and politely communicated to them our wishes and it’s been a breeze.
    [SIZE=2]WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy/May 2016(AKV-Kidani)/Jan2017 (Aulani)/Jan2018 (Aulani)

Post Thanks / Like

Just had quite a bad experience at SSR. First day they kept knocking. I slept late and wasn't ready to open up. I was alone. I told them I didn't need housekeeping. They kept knocking as if they didn't hear me. I would have put a "Room Occupied" tag out but there were no hang tags to put on the door -- possibly none in the entire building since nobody else had any hanging on their doors either. He finally gave up and came back a half hour later. I opened this time since I was ready to leave and handed him trash. Told him I had no hang tag. He barely spoke English but there was one on the door upon my return, so I suppose he understood. But ok, I can forgive once. But...

The second day was the kicker though. EVERY door -- and I do mean EVERY -- was opposite to how I left it. Even the laundry closet door was closed -- I had left it open to remind me there were clothes I had to attend to. The drapes in both rooms were wide open. I had left them mostly closed since I'd be coming back late.

Clearly they had been through every room and couldn't care less that I left the rooms to MY preferences, not theirs. And to boot, the trash in the bedroom and bathroom was not emptied anyhow. DVC is no longer feels like a second home. They are taking this too far and I feel they are being total jerks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigcu View Post
    Just had quite a bad experience at SSR. First day they kept knocking. I slept late and wasn't ready to open up. I was alone. I told them I didn't need housekeeping. They kept knocking as if they didn't hear me. I would have put a "Room Occupied" tag out but there were no hang tags to put on the door -- possibly none in the entire building since nobody else had any hanging on their doors either. He finally gave up and came back a half hour later. I opened this time since I was ready to leave and handed him trash. Told him I had no hang tag. He barely spoke English but there was one on the door upon my return, so I suppose he understood. But ok, I can forgive once. But...

The second day was the kicker though. EVERY door -- and I do mean EVERY -- was opposite to how I left it. Even the laundry closet door was closed -- I had left it open to remind me there were clothes I had to attend to. The drapes in both rooms were wide open. I had left them mostly closed since I'd be coming back late.

Clearly they had been through every room and couldn't care less that I left the rooms to MY preferences, not theirs. And to boot, the trash in the bedroom and bathroom was not emptied anyhow. DVC is no longer feels like a second home. They are taking this too far and I feel they are being total jerks.
    Pretty soon "nanny cams" will become the norm when travelling,
    Last edited by KNWVIKING 2.0; 01-26-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVCNews Debates: Security

I will be taking cameras if we go again. No telling what the heck all they did when they went through my clothes and toiletries on full cleaning day. I've been part of the DVC family for 25 years and we used to love it, but ever since they started all this security theater it has just gone down hill for a happy experience. We're already talking about renting out the points and going somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

The housekeeper asked if if she could come and do a full cleaning the next day (today), we said "of course, we will be out early". Well, no cleaning was done, and it looks like someone went thru the closet.
    I was so happy when we bought DVC, but this is putting a damper on all the reasons why we purchased those points.