Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Vacation Club Villas to Receive Daily Trash Service

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Vacation Club Villas to Receive Daily Trash Service

Disney housekeepers will now visit Disney Vacation Club villas on a daily basis to empty guests' trash.

Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a fan

If this is done for security reasons, I understand why Disney arrived at this decision but I'm not sure I like it. As life long night owls, my husband and I take advantage of everything available in the evening, usually at a Disney Springs restaurant at close, then leisurely wind down back at the resort. The result is usually sleeping in before showering and heading out to lunch and a park. The "Do Not Disturb" sign prevents the (usually early morning) mousekeepers from knocking on the door. "Room Occupied" will not. I do not want to be disturbed on a daily basis on my vacation for trash we don't have to be picked up.

Is there any way to opt out?
    Once again I arrived at the same old conclusion: Gonna need more points!

Post Thanks / Like

This is not cool. I anticipate I will be wedging something up against the door. I suspect this is going to be a problem, I will put my body weight up against the door just out of spite and I guess security will be called because I will just be naked and I will not be forced to put clothes on or some other spin just out of spite. I suspect I am not isolated on this either.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Who Pays for This?

So where will the money come from for the extra time that will be needed for these daily visits? I hope it doesn't make its way into our annual dues.
    Once again I arrived at the same old conclusion: Gonna need more points!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizDays View Post
    So where will the money come from for the extra time that will be needed for these daily visits? I hope it doesn't make its way into our annual dues.

Someone on another board brought up a good point related to this-housekeeping frequently can't get a room ready to check in by 4:00. So now how much worse will it be, or is DVC hiring more housekeepers? I can't imagine that will do good things to our annual dues.

Post Thanks / Like

The security angle makes sense to me. I mean you cannot even bring your gun that you have a concealed weapon permit to a DVC resort. It is right there in Declaration/Bylaws.

But I have gotten so I really like that housekeeping only comes every 4 days. No one snooping around nor using my laptop that I forgot and left out. Now it means we will have to put all of our electronics away each day. Although we do not sleep in ever beyond 7:00 AM anymore, we often hang around the room and will check our mail and browse the internet for an hour or two in our sleep tees, which are not for public view. And lets face who has suitcase space for robes for the family?

I cannot see me being vindictive to the poor housekeeper that is just doing a job. They don't make the decisions. I think it is pretty reasonable for management to think they have the right to go into a room regularly for security purposes. But surely they could do it every 4 days instead.

And yes, our annual dues will pay for it, whether it is listed as housekeeping or security who knows.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the security concerns. Does anyone else think that, if they truly were doing this in order to "enhance our experience", that the DVC Annual meeting would have been the perfect place to announce it? My theory is that they knew members wouldn't be pleased, that they're really doing this to "check up" on potential problems, and that's why they decided to announce it hiding behind Email contact rather than face to face "We're interested in expanding your experience, so we're going to take out your trash every day!" and wait for the joyous applause.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be willing to bet there is TSA money involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I love this change

I can understand folks resistance to this, but personally, I welcome this change. I expect that this service will be done late morning or even late afternoon (I don't think I've read anything that states what time they will be empting trash). Also, if I remember correctly, our contracts state that a cast member may enter our room anytime. Now they have a reason: To keep my room tidy. Great news!

Post Thanks / Like

We also prefer the no housekeeping every day. Every 4 days has been awesome.
    I agree that this will unlikely occur early in the morning as that would upset a lot of guests.

I bet this has everytbing to do with the Las Vegas shooting. Mandalay Bay is facing hefty lawsuits and one likely factor is that the shooter stockpiled weapons for days un noticed because of his do not disturb sign. The world is built on knee jerk reactions and cya. Disney would be a top target for similar attacks (especially BLT) and copycat attacks are always a concern.

In 2000 we had a riot on Canada day in our entainment district. For the next 16 or so years the city front loaded police to the cumilitve tune of millions of dollars. Only this past year or so did they start to scale it back. People complained but if something similar happened people would blame the city for not learning from their past mistakes.

My philosphy, like anything else, wait it out to see how this plays out. If its inconvenience then politely register your complaint with Disney. Like Denise said, its not the front line staff's fault. They are just doing their job.
    [SIZE=2]WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy/May 2016(AKV-Kidani)/Jan2017 (Aulani)/Jan2018 (Aulani)