Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: FastPass, Extra Magic Hour Benefits Extended to Disney Partner Hotels

Post Thanks / Like

Default FastPass, Extra Magic Hour Benefits Extended to Disney Partner Hotels

Beginning in 2018, Disney Springs area resort guests will have access to a number of additional perks and benefits.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like Disney is definitely giving incentive to others to stay on Disney property as these resorts are all on Hotel Plaza just beyond Disney Springs. I remember staying at one of these resorts many years ago and they use to advertise that these hotels were on Disney property. I never really understood why the Swan/Dolphin resorts has this privilege and the Hotel Plaza resorts didn't.

BTW, none of theses resorts get free Magic bands as only guests Disney Resorts get them.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

If I read the offer correctly, all of these Disney benefits (FastPasses, Extra Magic Hours, etc.) will be offered to guests staying at these Disney Partner Hotels only if they book a vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company. In other words, if a guest makes his or her own travel reservations they do not qualify for these extra perks.
    Last edited by wdrl; 12-21-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan. Last time we were there we commented on how we felt Disney was allowing too many FP+s. And yet now that might increase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    If I read the offer correctly, all of these Disney benefits (FastPasses, Extra Magic Hours, etc.) will be offered to guests staying at these Disney Partner Hotels only if they book a vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company. In other words, if a guest makes his or her own travel reservations they do not qualify for these extra perks.
    That's what I read as well. So no Hilton Honors points if Disney makes the reservation at the Hilton resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

This probably has more to do with "rent" negotiations. Disney wants a big hike, giving this benefit in return.

7. Likes TimK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
    That's what I read as well. So no Hilton Honors points if Disney makes the reservation at the Hilton resorts.
    Can't you add your Hilton Honors number to the reservation at check in?
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Can't you add your Hilton Honors number to the reservation at check in?
    I've had reservations that I made through another source other than the hotel site and I wasn't permitted to add my account to the reservation. But they might still allow it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I believe Disney clarified this point to state that 60 Day FP privileges apply no matter how the reservation is booked (similar to Swan & Dolphin - no requirement to book through Disney).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think this shows the new rules for the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels:

Walt Disney World® Resort is where treasured stories magically come to life at four not-to-be-missed Theme Parks, two Water Parks, plus unique shops, eclectic dining, and exciting entertainment. And as a Guest of a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel, you can enjoy Extra Magic Hours benefit from January 1- December 31, 2018with valid theme park admission and Extra Magic Hours benefit voucher. . . .
    So it looks like if you don't get the voucher you don't get to use EMH. It doesn't say where to get the voucher. I assume it will be in the check in package.
    --Denise