Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Fall Visits

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Fall Visits

The fall months have emerged as one of the most popular times to visit Walt Disney World. The Epcot Food & Wine Fest now spans a period of more than 10 weeks, beginning in late August and running into November. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party are offered on many nights from August - December. Theme park decor morphs from Halloween / fall to Christmas. And crowd levels can vary greatly over this period.

Topic: When is the best time to visit Walt Disney World in the fall?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll never go in september again, thats for sure. that humidity was suffocating. So I'd say mid to late October for F & W Fest and/or Halloween. Or just after Thanksgiving (my birthday is 11/30, so that week is a good week for me to go) for the Christmas season.

Post Thanks / Like

We went in mid-October this year and found it VERY busy, so I wouldn't recommend that time. However, I remember a few years ago being there over Halloween, and it wasn't nearly as busy. I heard lots of kids, in the days leading up to Halloween, talking about getting home to trick or treat with their friends. So maybe very late October, the early part of November isn't as bad. I do like the weather. But I'll admit that there's some nostalgia factor for me-the first 3 times we went to WDW, way back when our sons were little, were the first week in November. The weather was such that we swam back then, but we were New Englanders then, now that we live way down south, I would hesitate.

Post Thanks / Like

Our favourite time to travel is January but September is a close second. The weather starts to get cooler at home and summer is so hectic that itís great to look forward to a September trip. Points are low and flights are usually much cheaper. Itís not as busy with families as kids are back in school. We have a Disney cruise booked for September and it was abt 4K cheaper in September vs the late spring/summer. Only downside is so many refurbs go on so rides are down and displays are usually being worked on.
    [SIZE=2]WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy/May 2016(AKV-Kidani)/Jan2017 (Aulani)/Jan2018 (Aulani)

Post Thanks / Like

October used to be our favorite, but as the economy improved from the crash we noticed it becoming very busy.
    Now, after Labor Day through early October is our favorite time of year to attend WDW.

So happy we changed our minds on UY and went with September instead of our original plan of October UY.

Post Thanks / Like

Early to mid Nov or first couple weeks of Dec.

I hate the heat & humidity and love the cooler nights to enjoy the hot tubs and camp fires. Most times it is still sunny & warm enough to enjoy the swimming pools and water parks.

As for crowds, they pretty much exist from bad to worse 365 days a year now. Disney has found a way to fill in all the gaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed on the crowds. We used to LOVE to go in October. Every year though, it became more and more crowded.

The first year we went in October of 09, it was ridiculously not crowded. At the MNSSHP, we were practically the only ones there. During the last 30 min, we seriously had all of Fantasyland all to ourselves. Skip forward to last time we went in October of 2014 and we could barely move it was so crowded! Not to mention, the price of MNSSHP almost doubled during that time too.

We decided after that experience, never again.
    Last edited by aggiemullins; 12-11-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall travel

There are a handful of factors that make the fall both good and bad........Points are always less. The weather is fantastic. Flights are cheaper. In my opinion, the parks have been increasingly more busy due to Disney's free dining promotion that they run in the fall. I think if you want to go in the fall, try and find the weeks that they do not offer free dining and check the various crowd calendars to see if those weeks are less busy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    Well, I'll never go in september again, thats for sure. that humidity was suffocating. So I'd say mid to late October for F & W Fest and/or Halloween. Or just after Thanksgiving (my birthday is 11/30, so that week is a good week for me to go) for the Christmas season.
    My birthday is 11/30 as well and we stayed at VGF in 2015 for my 60th! Great weather that time as well as when we've been there in late Oct.

Post Thanks / Like

September is my favorite time to visit WDW.
    Points required for stays, flight costs & crowds are minimized.
    Plus, I'm the opposite of most people & love hot & wet weather. There's no shortage of that in September.
    *JEFF*

NEXT WDW VACATION
    9/25/18 - 10/7/18
    BWV, AKLV(Kidani) & OKW