Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disney declares more DVC inventory at the Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney declares more DVC inventory at the Polynesian

More than 90% of the twelfth Disney Vacation Club property is now available for member use.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever Disney declares more inventory, someone will ask "Will this mean that my waitlist will come through?"

Well, I'm not sure what the answer is. At first glance, there are now 32 more Poly studios available for the members to book than before. With more studios available, there is a greater chance that a waitlist can be fulfilled.

However, it very unlikely that Disney was keeping these 32 studios vacant just because they hadn't been declared for the DVC inventory. Instead, Disney -- who owns the underlying points until they are sold to the general public -- has probably already rented out some or all of the studios. Thus, there may not be much of a boost in availability, at least not in the immediate short term.

Also, I have always wondered if Disney knows when it plans on making a declaration in the future and, accordingly, it opens inventory to coincide with that future declaration. If Disney knew back in December 2016 that it would declare 32 more studios on May 22, 2017, would it have already let members bacon December book those studios for stays beginning May 22 or later? If so, then members may have already booked all of these studios.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Whenever Disney declares more inventory, someone will ask "Will this mean that my waitlist will come through?"

Well, I'm not sure what the answer is. At first glance, there are now 32 more Poly studios available for the members to book than before. With more studios available, there is a greater chance that a waitlist can be fulfilled.

However, it very unlikely that Disney was keeping these 32 studios vacant just because they hadn't been declared for the DVC inventory. Instead, Disney -- who owns the underlying points until they are sold to the general public -- has probably already rented out some or all of the studios. Thus, there may not be much of a boost in availability, at least not in the immediate short term.

Also, I have always wondered if Disney knows when it plans on making a declaration in the future and, accordingly, it opens inventory to coincide with that future declaration. If Disney knew back in December 2016 that it would declare 32 more studios on May 22, 2017, would it have already let members bacon December book those studios for stays beginning May 22 or later? If so, then members may have already booked all of these studios.

i wouldn't think DVC would make the points available until declared; however, I wondered whether Disney delays making rooms available for reservations to the public in anticipation of upcoming declarations. A few weeks ago, I noticed that available rooms at the Poly DVC which could be reserved with cash pretty much ended in August of this year. Perhaps, DVC anticipates it will have declared all Poly points by then. Ironically, I received my waitlist request at Poly (which was just one night added to a reservation) the same day this article posted. Not sure if that was a coincidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
    i wouldn't think DVC would make the points available until declared; however, I wondered whether Disney delays making rooms available for reservations to the public in anticipation of upcoming declarations. A few weeks ago, I noticed that available rooms at the Poly DVC which could be reserved with cash pretty much ended in August of this year. Perhaps, DVC anticipates it will have declared all Poly points by then. Ironically, I received my waitlist request at Poly (which was just one night added to a reservation) the same day this article posted. Not sure if that was a coincidence.
    Which day were you able to add to your Poly reservation? Is it in the near future or several months out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Which day were you able to add to your Poly reservation? Is it in the near future or several months out?
    We were able to add the last Friday night of October. We had 7 nights at the Poly already and were adding an 8th night to that trip. I was out of Poly points after making the 7 night reservation, so I had to wait until the 7 month mark and waitlist the 8th night with points from another home resort. I wait listed that one night exactly at 7 months out, and we just received the waitlist request yesterday. I'm wondering whether it's simply taking DVC some time to go through all of the wait list requests after declaring over 300k additional points which are now available. It would be understandable that this would take some time. Perhaps, it's an ongoing process.

Post Thanks / Like

Three of the seven units in this declaration have already been assigned use years. It appears they transitioned to February UY as the default UY for PVB deeds.

When VGF was nearly 80% sold out, they sent out mailers stating VGF was "nearly 80% sold out". I wonder why they are not using the same marketing strategy for PVB. It was very successful in driving up VGF sales until it sold out. DVD's internal numbers should show PVB is more than 80% sold out at this stage.