Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Wilderness Lodge construction update - June 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness Lodge construction update - June 2016

Disney is renovating some hotel rooms at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and converting to Disney Vacation Club villas. Access has been blocked to the hotel wing on the east side of the Lodge, which is the side closest to the existing villas, now dubbed Boulder Ridge Villas. Elevators that service that wing have been walled off.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

We walked around Wilderness Lodge on Sunday and there was no construction going on. Thus, I can't say how intrusive the construction sounds might be during a normal workday.

The side of the Boulder Ridge Villas facing the lake has undergone a massive transformation as the Hidden Springs pool was demolished and trees were cut down. However, the opposite side of the DVC wing facing away from the lake has had virtually no change in its view. It still has lots of trees and no signs of construction.

We could see construction work being done in the area that will house the lake front cabins between the Lodge and World Drive. But we didn't notice any work being done at the lake front area where the second group of cabins will be located. This second group will be the cabins closest to the DVC wing.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I couldn't get a great photo through fence of the lakeside restaurant, it appears that one portion of it that is near the creek and facing the lake will be an outdoor eating area.

--Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

4. Likes rfc0001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We tried to get a closer look at the hotel rooms that (we think) are being converted to villas. But we couldn't get close to them, although it did look like some of the adjoining walls between the rooms have been removed. If so, then it bodes well for those who are hoping the new Copper Creek Villas will have one or two bedroom villas.

6. Thanks Diana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness Construction

When I was at WDW about a month ago and travelling on the Monorail I recall looking out of the window as we passed Wilderness noting the trees had been cleared. I thought 'blimey how close is the Lodge to the Contemporary or the TTC? Build a bridge or walkway and you can effectively have access to the Monorail or even walk to MK'

Would they ever consider it? I own at Wilderness and it's a fantastic resort but such access would put it up there with the really big boys, BL, GF and Poly.