Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AKV Refurbished room photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default AKV Refurbished room photos

Guest rooms located in the Jambo House building of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas are currently undergoing a soft goods refurbishment. Following are a series of photos of a newly-renovated room.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

It does look brighter with a 'cool' color palette. I noticed no wallpaper in the bathroom, I'll miss it. But living in the south wallpaper often means mold is growing under it. I wouldn't want to risk it.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I was disappointed with the concept art and am disappointed with the finished look. It is an African lodge. Why are the walls white?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.
    The white walls take away from the theme for me.
    *JEFF*

NEXT WDW VACATION
    9/25/18 - 10/7/18
    BWV, AKLV(Kidani) & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

The white walls are most likely to address the low lighting in the bathroom area folk have complained about since day 1. Unfortunately, it was not the lighting itself, but rather the placement of the lights that caused the problems, casting shadows across the face from left and right. They didn't move the lamps, although they may have lightened the shades a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, the refreshed room is so contemporary and muted that the pops of color in the bathroom seem odd. Like many resorts before it, a visual disconnect has been created between the bathroom and living space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain77 View Post
    Also, the refreshed room is so contemporary and muted that the pops of color in the bathroom seem odd. Like many resorts before it, a visual disconnect has been created between the bathroom and living space.
    I agree going with the white (cool tone) versus a creme or warm tone has really made the tile in the bathroom look out of place. Perhaps that is the reason why they removed the wallpaper as it was very yellow as well.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed the room - we had one rainy day and previously when it rained we absolutely needed the lights on during the day but not this time. We both thought the shaving mirror in the BR was new. I thought there was enough African influence with the wall art. I hope the rug padding holds up because it was a nice feel physically and emotionally. The only part it didn't care for was the curtain valance - I thought the other one was more decorative and deluxe.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Softgoods, paint and wallpaper change - I can live with what they've done. The heart is still there, and those old pillows and carpets had seen better days and were fairly cringe-worthy to touch.

I do not think what they did was excessively well though through. But it's no where as jolting as the changes they made at BW or VWL (which I have warned up to.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I agree going with the white (cool tone) versus a creme or warm tone has really made the tile in the bathroom look out of place. Perhaps that is the reason why they removed the wallpaper as it was very yellow as well.
    I would have been fine with the soft goods refurbishment had the walls been painted a light beige or pale yellow.