Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Member Cruise gifts

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2014 Member Cruise gifts

One of the highlights of attending a Disney Vacation Club members-only cruise is the package of exclusive merchandise left in each cabin. Here is a look at some of the items this week's cruisers had to squeeze into their luggage.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice gifts. What is the item in the square box? Is it ear buds?

After hearing about the guest speakers and entertainment, I have to admit I have been thinking about doing this cruise in 2016.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Nice gifts. What is the item in the square box? Is it ear buds?
    Yes.

The bag is an insulated cooler bag and the item the ear buds are on top of in the second picture is a folding beach mat.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I went into Ebay to see if anyone was already trying to sell the DVC scrabble game. I couldn't find it, but I'll check back in 48 hours.

I also went into the Princess and DVCMember websites to compare prices for the next DVC Member cruise in May 2015 to Alaska. The 7-night Member cruise cost about $3,500 per person for a Category 5C balcony cabin. A comparable 7-night itinerary on the Princess in May 2015 in a mini-suite cabin costs about $1,650 per person.

Are all the gifts and entertainment offered on the Member cruise worth paying about twice as much for a comparable itinerary? Like I said before, I'm still on the fence when it comes to a Member cruise.

Post Thanks / Like

We are booked on the 4 day cruise in August 2015. I have 2nd thoughts about it a lot. It is just so much. But after seeing the speakers and gifts it gets me excited about it again. But I still wonder if it is worth the money. We could do a lot of vacationing with even half the amount we are going to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

The pillow was not included unless some guests took them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolfan343 View Post
    The pillow was not included unless some guests took them
    No, the pillow is not included, it was just in the photograph as the picture was taken aboard ship and the pillows are on the beds in the staterooms.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I know disney cruises in general are more expensive then other comparable ones but I think that is just something we've become used to to get the impeccable Disney quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Upcoming Trips

Nov 1st 2013 WDW Radio Cruise 3.0 on the Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I also went into the Princess and DVCMember websites to compare prices for the next DVC Member cruise in May 2015 to Alaska. The 7-night Member cruise cost about $3,500 per person for a Category 5C balcony cabin. A comparable 7-night itinerary on the Princess in May 2015 in a mini-suite cabin costs about $1,650 per person.

Are all the gifts and entertainment offered on the Member cruise worth paying about twice as much for a comparable itinerary? Like I said before, I'm still on the fence when it comes to a Member cruise.
    We just got back from Alaska aboard the Disney Wonder and if you're on the fence, I'd say no it's not worth twice the price. We love Disney and had a great time, but the problem is it's competing with ALASKA.

Disney excels at entertainment aboard their ships, but you seriously don't need to pay extra for it on this cruise because Alaska IS the entertainment. I'm sure others will disagree, but we constantly felt like we were having to choose between seeing the raw beauty of an amazing part of the world or go rush to the next character meet or get to the theater 45 min early for Toy Story. Wanting to make sure we got our money's worth, the Disney entertainment always won and looking for whales/wildlife always took 2nd place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aggiemullins View Post
    We just got back from Alaska aboard the Disney Wonder and if you're on the fence, I'd say no it's not worth twice the price. We love Disney and had a great time, but the problem is it's competing with ALASKA.

Disney excels at entertainment aboard their ships, but you seriously don't need to pay extra for it on this cruise because Alaska IS the entertainment. I'm sure others will disagree, but we constantly felt like we were having to choose between seeing the raw beauty of an amazing part of the world or go rush to the next character meet or get to the theater 45 min early for Toy Story. Wanting to make sure we got our money's worth, the Disney entertainment always won and looking for whales/wildlife always took 2nd place.
    Wow, you convinced me! Wil, I vote we go with Princess. However I might consider doing a 4 day Bahamas member cruise.
    --Denise