Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Want to see what’s happening on the DVC Member Cruise?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to see what’s happening on the DVC Member Cruise?

Disney Vacation Club's August 2014 "S.S. Member Cruise" has set sail with an impressive lineup of guests including Disney Legends Marty Sklar, Alice Davis and Tony Baxter.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I get intrigued about doing a DVC Member cruise, until I realize that the price of the cruise is much higher than a regular non-Member cruise on DCL. And then I remember that DCL cruises are generally much higher than cruises on other cruise lines, such as Princess, Royal Caribbean, or NCL.

Still, though, the Member cruise seems to have lots of activities that I would find interesting. In fact, my only complaint would be that there isn't enough time in the day to do all the things that I want to do while aboard the Member cruise.

So I find myself sitting on the fence, still wondering whether I should do a Member cruise or not.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like they were having fun. Pirate's Night photos are posted on the FB thread, everyone dressed up to their teeth. My favorite pirate was the little girl one of the last photos.

There also is some photos of the gifts they have received in their cabins. Mainly bags and a hat. I did not see a pin.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see some noteworthy guests on this cruise. Frequent member cruise participants have claimed the quality slipped in recent years. Tony Baxter and Marty Sklar are some of the best theme park-centric VIPs that Disney could possibly book!

Post Thanks / Like

We got home about 30 minutes ago (live 70 miles from PC) from the 2014 Member Cruise. This was our third Member Cruise and I have to say, this one was the best one by far.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    We got home about 30 minutes ago (live 70 miles from PC) from the 2014 Member Cruise. This was our third Member Cruise and I have to say, this one was the best one by far.
    Glad to hear it. Can't wait to hear some details. Do you have any photos to share?
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Glad to hear it. Can't wait to hear some details. Do you have any photos to share?
    Most of my photos are character photos and a few of the Beach Cabana we were able to get on Castaway Cay. Didn't take any during the presentations since we were usually in the balcony of the Walt Disney Theatre.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like good memories. Did you enjoy the cabana?
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

What photos I did take I posted to an iCloud photo stream. Some of the photos are screen shots of the information page from the Navigator app of the DVC events that we attended.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A4G4TcsmGVdr3L

The final nights show (Broadway & Beyond: The Originals) was excellent. It had Josh Strickland (Tarzan on Broadway), Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins on Broadway) and Robert Creighton (Timon in Lion King & Chef Louis in The Little Mermaid on Broadway). They performed songs from various Disney Theatrical Productions (Broadway & Film).

The Art of Story presentation was very good. It featured Paul Briggs who was the Head of Story for Frozen and the upcoming Big Hero Six. He talked about the process of creating an animated movie from idea to final product. He also showed a few clips from Big Hero Six.

Sounds like good memories. Did you enjoy the cabana?
    The Cabana was real nice. We had one of the Serenity Bay Cabanas. We booked the Cabana and our table mates if they wanted to share it with us. One of the couples had an excursion booked, so they declined. The other couple did share and split the cost with us, and we had a really nice day with them on the beach.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about having actors from Disney musical aboard doing a special performance. All in all it sounds like fun and something we should consider doing, maybe in 2016. I would love to something like the Alaska cruise, but I think it is way beyond our budget.
    --Denise