Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Villa size

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Villa size

With multiple villa sizes available at each property, Disney Vacation Club has options available to suit most parties. From hotel-sized Deluxe Studio Villas to 3-bedroom Grand Villas measuring nearly 2000 sq ft, owners (and renters) have quite a variety to choose from.

Topic: What size DVC villa do you most often reserve for your stays?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually book studios as we travel mainly as a couple. We prefer the smaller room size for multiple reasons. The most important reason is that we can stay longer at WDW since a studio uses less points.

However whenever we take family to WDW we book 2BRS villas. We stayed at BLT for the last family gathering. We thought about a GV combined with a 2 BR but it was cheaper point wise by far to get the three 2BRs.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

We always book a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom or a grand villa, so I would definitely like to see 1, 2, & 3 bedrooms. We use the full kitchen on our trips and the washer and dryer ... It is very convenient for our family. If there are only studios we would have to use 3 to 4 studios for my family, and then we lose the time together in the morning and the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Bedroom

Although there are only two of us, we always book the one bedroom. King bed, soaking tub, washer/dryer - all important to us. If we invite friends or family, we go up to a 2 bedroom or book separate units.
    Once again I arrived at the same old conclusion: Gonna need more points!

Post Thanks / Like

Default At least one bedroom preferred.

We like to have at least a one-bedroom because of the king-bed. However, that often gets trumped by the number of points it costs compared to the studios. Nevertheless, we have varying numbers in our parties for most trips when we bring nieces, nephews and friends.

So, at this point our usage between the studios, 1 and 2 bedroom villas is pretty evenly split at this point. For us, it really does vary, but really tugs at you to just go studio as much as possible just so we can spend more time at the "mother-ship".

Post Thanks / Like

Even if it's the 2 of us we try to always get a 1 bedroom, we love the Jacuzzi. And I like we able to wash clothes.
    If we're trying to stay AKLV CL, we'll take what we can get

Post Thanks / Like

Default Studio Dwellers Here

We enjoy the studios and prefer the long time length of stays provided by the smaller point totals. We don't have trouble spending time together - I have no problem sleeping while he's watching TV and reading while he's sleeping in.

We've stayed in 2BR and 1BR as was needed by party size at that time - the space was very nice but doing laundry, cooking and cleaning up isn't a preferred vacation activity for me. Just not sharing the bed with assorted animals frees up so much space that the queen size feels like a king

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2-bedroom

We have a family of 6. The two-bedroom villa is standard for us. Wouldn't mind the extra room of a GV ...

Post Thanks / Like

We have a family of six so we have a 2 bedroom when we travel. We enjoy the kitchen and washer/dryer. When my wife and I went for our 20th anniversary a few years ago for a short trip, we had a studio. For just the 2 of us the studio was fine and we'll do it again to safe points, but we did miss the kitchen and washer/dryer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mostly Studios

We normally stay in studios if it just my DW and me. Also a studio when our granddaughter is with us. We have done 2 BR with other family members and it seems that getting a couple of studios is cheaper than a 2BR with the benefit of allowing some alone time for those that have to have it.

AKVHutch