Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Lodge refurb under way

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness Lodge refurb under way

Disney Vacation Club is wasting no time with its hard goods refurbishment of the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Renovated One Bedroom villa panorama

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

That is good, VWL really needed an update.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in October and were very disappointed in the rooms. The rooms were just too dark and looked outdated. It definitely needs to be refurbished and I'm glad they will be making the rooms look like new.
    ~Diana

Post Thanks / Like

Best I can say - just awful, boring and bland.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there in May 2013 and the rooms looked kind of beat up. Overall the refurb looks pretty good. I like the wooden floors.

There does seem to be a trend, however, to tone down the theming when these rehabs are done. I do not want the rooms in all of the DVC resorts to look essentially the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say VWL was my least favorite room decor of all DVCs so this is definitely an improvement in my mind. We had a hunter green tile countertop in an older house 12+ years ago so I developed an aversion to that color. Struck me as VERY early-90s.

This could be a case where photos don't do it justice. Looks like there are still some brighter colors in the bathroom, kitchen tile, area rug, but it no longer looks like a 20-year old lake cabin that was stuck in time.

That's my two-cents.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the couch is still going to be the pull-out that unwindes which I think is a big plus. I really like those pull-outs. I think the color scheme gives it a more updated look but I wish they'd get rid of the lower breakfast bar. The table works just fine - that bar just gets in the way.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of the lower breakfast bar. The table works just fine - that bar just gets in the way.
    Kids love it. Ours live at that bar for the duration of our trip. That's where they eat their meals, play with toys, etc.

One of the design problems at VWL is the small kitchen table area. Remember the layout is the same for Two Bedroom villas which sleep 8 people. The dining area only seats 2.

That side bar at least adds room for 2 more.

Post Thanks / Like

My kids love the bar as well.

Very excited about the refurb as we are staying here for a week before the Members Cruise in August. Haven't stayed here since Aug of '08.
    -Matt

"I am not a baby! I have a pension!"
    "We want cake! Where's our cake?!"
    "The sea monkey has my money."

A bad day at WDW is still better then a good day at work!!

Lets go Devils!
    Go Big Blue!
    Lets go Mets!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's because I never stayed with small children. When our children were that 'height' we were in the 'Cabins' which had regular sized kitchen tables. Don't the kitchens have a talel with bench seating? Is it that you can't fit the chairs because of the kitchen location. I think I've only been in a 1BR once and that was back when we boght in '08.

Janet & Dan