Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sight-line balloons spotted at Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sight-line balloons spotted at Polynesian

As one of the few remaining Deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World with no Disney Vacation Club affiliation, rumors frequently link Disney's Polynesian Resort to future villa construction. Could Disney be moving closer to adding villas to the third monorail resort?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see a DVC part to the Polynesian. Hopefully it would take some cues from Aulani so for us East Coasters that may find a flight to Hawai'i a bit expensive we could get the Aulani experience at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Been waiting for this!! Polynesian has always been one of my favorite resorts

Post Thanks / Like

A Poly DVC seems like the next logical step for the program. However I hope they keep the integrity of the resort and manage to fit in a DVC building that works with the existing buildings.

For the longest time this has been my dream, as the poly was always my favorite resort pre-DVC. When my kids were little and the MK was THE park to go to it made sense to stay there (along with the place having beautiful theming). But now I am so spoiled staying at BWV and being able to walk to two parks I am not so sure I'd stay at the poly very often, if at all. Epcot has become my favorite park, as there is so much to do and it's just a five minute walk from BWV. I can't believe I feel this way, but much though I love the poly and it's location on the monorail and proximity to TTC you can't walk to any of the parks from there. If I stayed there at all it would be a short trip to see how I feel about it all these years later (joined DVC in 2004).
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

Post Thanks / Like

I will definately add on points if the Poly comes to fruition.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC at the POLY ?

I would have to agree with idratherbeinwdw , our favorite and home resort is BLT although i have stayed at BWV and loved it their also for its closeness to the two parks i would probably add on to at the VGF or POLY if it happens but do not know how much i would stay their

Post Thanks / Like

i would be really shocked to see a Poly DVC. The resort is already a cash cow; high rates, high occupancy, great restuarant & event income. I can't see DVC stealing inventory so that means new construction.; there just isn't much land to work with and I'm afraid that what is would be less than desireable. Of course, Disney is convinced the DVC Fanbase will buy regardless of the location, provided the word "Poly" procedes the word "Villas".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    i would be really shocked to see a Poly DVC. The resort is already a cash cow; high rates, high occupancy, great restuarant & event income. I can't see DVC stealing inventory so that means new construction.; there just isn't much land to work with and I'm afraid that what is would be less than desireable. Of course, Disney is convinced the DVC Fanbase will buy regardless of the location, provided the word "Poly" procedes the word "Villas".
    You may indeed be right Ken. But don't forget for the Villas at the GF they are actually adding land and expanding out into the lagoon. They could do the same at the Poly. And that inventory is pretty much guaranteed to fly off the shelves.
    Last edited by idratherbeinwdw; 05-15-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Correction
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

Post Thanks / Like

Mar, IMO, the big difference between Poly & GF is that GF is anticipating the Four Seasons skimming off their cream customers. The GF needed a way to unload excess inventory. GF also is situated in a manor that allows them to backfill into 7C's Laggon without blocking views from it's existing buildings. From the way I'm picturing Poly, a similar expansion would be right smack in the way of what currently exists. Now, that doesn't mean that the Poly Resort wouldn't get the new & improved beach front buildings and DVC doesn't get refurbed 1970's Longhouses, but it would have to be something pretty dramatic to cause this to happen.

I view a Poly DVC as "chip" that Disney will want to hold onto till someday they really need a cash infussion. Right now the Mouse House is pretty much hitting on all cylinders - Mars Needs Mom's and John Carter not withstanding - and we're still in the midst of a pretty lousey economy. MK will be unvailing a new FL soon and The Avengers boxoffice take is just the tip of the iceburg for that franchise. Disney may have future plans for a Poly Villas, but right now, why throw that chip into the mix. It will only grow in value.

Post Thanks / Like

Tikiman has posted on Mouseowners that he has confirmed information that the Poly is a DVC project.