Heard any good Disney Vacation Club rumors or news?

Have photos to share from your recent stay?

Contact Us

We would love to hear from you!

Sight-line balloons spotted at Polynesian

Written by Tim Krasniewski on . Posted in Polynesian News

As one of the few remaining Deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World with no Disney Vacation Club affiliation, rumors frequently link Disney's Polynesian Resort to future villa construction.  Could Disney be moving closer to adding villas to the third monorail resort?

Late last week website WDWMagic.com reported sight-line balloons flying near the Polynesian Resort.  Balloons are frequently used during project development to allow designers to get a sense of how a new structure will impact the surrounding area.  Balloons are flown at the estimated height of the completed structure or in the future location of a specific landmark.  In this case, sight balloons near the Polynesian would allow Disney execs to get a sense of how visible a new structure would be from the Magic Kingdom, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort or any other point in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

The Polynesian is just one of many Disney Vacation Club projects populating the rumor mill.  In December 2011 Disney confirmed construction on 142 villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort with an estimated opening in late 2013.

Additional rumors have pointed to sites at Fort Wilderness and a California-themed stand-alone resort.

Source:  WDWMagic.com

Re: Sight-line balloons spotted at Polynesian -- Maturod1
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 12:51
I would love to see a DVC part to the Polynesian. Hopefully it would take some cues from Aulani so for us East Coasters that may find a flight to Hawai'i a bit expensive we could get the Aulani experience at WDW.
Re: Sight-line balloons spotted at Polynesian -- Meriwyn
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 13:43
Yay! Been waiting for this!! Polynesian has always been one of my favorite resorts :)
Re: Sight-line balloons spotted at Polynesian -- idratherbeinwdw
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 15:04
A Poly DVC seems like the next logical step for the program. However I hope they keep the integrity of the resort and manage to fit in a DVC building that works with the existing buildings.

For the longest time this has been my dream, as the poly was always my favorite resort pre-DVC. When my kids were little and the MK was THE park to go to it made sense to stay there (along with the place having beautiful theming). But now I am so spoiled staying at BWV and being able to walk to two parks I am not so sure I'd stay at the poly very often, if at all. Epcot has become my favorite park, as there is so much to do and it's just a five minute walk from BWV. I can't believe I feel this way, but much though I love the poly and it's location on the monorail and proximity to TTC you can't walk to any of the parks from there. If I stayed there at all it would be a short trip to see how I feel about it all these years later (joined DVC in 2004).
Re: Sight-line balloons spotted at Polynesian -- scolling007
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 19:27
I will definately add on points if the Poly comes to fruition.
DVC at the POLY ? -- bb9822
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 20:07
I would have to agree with idratherbeinwdw , our favorite and home resort is BLT although i have stayed at BWV and loved it their also for its closeness to the two parks i would probably add on to at the VGF or POLY if it happens but do not know how much i would stay their

DVCNews A Home Away From Home at Aulani, a Disney Resort Spa: 1-Bedroom Villa: FG_AUTHORS: Disney Parks BlogPlann... http://t.co/QCsxMJ5a6D #DVC

Wed Oct 08 @14:00 - 03:00PM