Disney's Grand Floridian Resort is viewed by many as the flagship resort at Walt Disney World. And the Disney Vacation Club component added in 2013 is a worthy namesake to that property. Elegant touches and expensive furnishings are visible throughout the villas. However the villa wing is also somewhat isolated from the main resort, lacking its own amenities. Per-night room costs reached an all-time high, yet the small size of the DVC build out makes it one of the hardest properties to book at 7 months.
Topic: What are most favorite and least favorite aspects of the Grand Floridian villas?
- Access to the monorail:yahoo:
- Even at the DVC resort, you get the beautiful decor for which GF is known.
- Access to some of the best restaurants at Disney world:cheerleader:
- Access to wonderful Spas and shops:)
- Beautiful pools:)
- Double bathrooms (bath toilet/shower sink)
- Traditional decor with modern features (like TV built in to bathroom mirror)
- DVC staff is wonderful and attentive. Never saw any lines!
- Covered walkway to main building giving adequate protection from sun/most rain.
- Bus stop area nice with benches ETA monitors (for non-monorail destinations)
- Separate building from main resort, so you need to walk to main building for restaurants, shops, spas, etc.
- Awkward to get to monorail. You need to go to the second floor of the main resort to enter monorail.
- Same sardine busing for which Disney is known:mad:
- Would have liked to see the double bathrooms where both had sinks similar to Polynesian (in function - not necessarily size, dimension, decor, etc.)
I give it out of 5.
Pros: pure luxury, a monorail resort, the main lobby, boat transportation to the MK
Cons: no availability at 7-months, no restaurant in the DVC building
Hands down my favorite thing about the resort is the dedicated cast members that work concierge and handle check in. They're fabulous and there until 10:00 pm. They've helped me so much.
The penguin fountain in the lobby, it keeps my daughter occupied and happy when I don't want her watching tV
The elevator is large, convenient and fast
The rooms are beautiful
the laundry room never has a line
Lovely walk to/from the Poly
Great views of the water pageant/fireworks even from standard view rooms.
Wish the closer feature pool/kiddie play area had a hot tub. The one hot tub near the quiet pool gets full and when the temperature is a little chilly, it's a longer walk than I would like.
I hate the TV in the bathroom mirror, I find it distracting even off. >>;
Some of the monorail facing rooms are noisy.
No walking path to Magic Kingdom
We own at the VGF and Poly and so far those two are my favorites of the DVC we have tried. (we've also tried Kidani, Jambo, BLT, and Beach Club.)
distance from main building
feeling of not actually being at Grand Floridian.