Major Changes & Additions to 2017 Epcot Festival Lineup

Disney's Epcot theme park is quickly morphing into festival central with new and expanded offerings in 2017.  

Spaceship Earth

Walt Disney World kicks off the 2017 festival season with the brand new Epcot International Festival of the Arts.  Running over long weekends from January 13 - February 20, 2017, the Festival of the Arts appears to be a spiritual successor to the Festival of the Masters formerly held at the Downtown Disney shopping district.  

Every Friday through Monday, the park will showcase art exhibits, live performances featuring Broadway talent and the well liked pop-up food booths around Epcot's World Showcase.  

Shortly after the conclusion of the art festival comes the 2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.  From March 1 through May 29, guests will enjoy a selection of unique topiaries--this year focusing on "Beauty and the Beast" and "Cars"--gardening seminars, live music and new Outdoor Kitchens. 

In the fall, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival returns bigger and better than ever.  The 2017 edition of the popular Food & Wine fest  starts earlier than ever before, running from August 31 through November 13.  In just two years, the festival has expanded from 53 days in 2015 to 75 days in 2017.  

Disney Vacation Club members are sure to enjoy the low Adventure Season point costs while catching the Food & Wine Festival during the entire month of September.  

Additional details regarding the Food & Wine fest will be revealed closer to the event launch.  Expect the familiar assortment of unique food & beverage offerings, seminars, live music and more.  

Reader Comments
Re: Major Changes & Additions to 2017 Epcot Festival Lineup -- denlo
2016 Dec 02 03:08:22 PM
Another festival, just what we need. I would much rather Disney update attractions and add some new ones in Future World.
Re: Major Changes & Additions to 2017 Epcot Festival Lineup -- wdrl
2016 Dec 03 11:03:31 AM
I wonder what impact these pop-up food kiosks have on the bottom line of the sit down restaurants at Epcot. Do the table service restaurants see a decline in traffic because guests can roam around the World Showcase and grab bites to eat at 25+ food kiosks?
Re: Major Changes & Additions to 2017 Epcot Festival Lineup -- KNWVIKING 2.0
2016 Dec 03 12:06:49 PM
wdrl wrote:
I wonder what impact these pop-up food kiosks have on the bottom line of the sit down restaurants at Epcot. Do the table service restaurants see a decline in traffic because guests can roam around the World Showcase and grab bites to eat at 25+ food kiosks?

My guess is the affect is minimal.

With all the planning tools out today, the restaurants pretty much know what to expect and plan accordingly. People with a ressie at The Basement aren't going to nosh around the world prior to.

Many people also visit the park (think locals) only because of the Festival Kiosks. They never had any intention of dining in a restaurant.
Re: Major Changes & Additions to 2017 Epcot Festival Lineup -- Brad1972
2016 Dec 05 01:10:00 PM
wdrl wrote:
I wonder what impact these pop-up food kiosks have on the bottom line of the sit down restaurants at Epcot. Do the table service restaurants see a decline in traffic because guests can roam around the World Showcase and grab bites to eat at 25+ food kiosks?
KNWVIKING 2.0 wrote:
My guess is the affect is minimal.

With all the planning tools out today, the restaurants pretty much know what to expect and plan accordingly. People with a ressie at The Basement aren't going to nosh around the world prior to.

Many people also visit the park (think locals) only because of the Festival Kiosks. They never had any intention of dining in a restaurant.
I have to agree with Viking. You know that Disney thought very carefully about this exact question... and everything they do is designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to magically separate us from even more of our cash.
Really enjoy new events! -- d0njudd
2016 Dec 23 03:24:02 PM
denlo wrote:
Another festival, just what we need. I would much rather Disney update attractions and add some new ones in Future World.

My wife and I really enjoy the events at WDW. We have been so much and are getting older so rides don't hold much allure.

Email

Related Content