Recently Updated

Disney Vacation Club merchandise now available at DisneyStore.com!

mt_ignore: Merchandise

Park ticket price increase Sunday 6/2

Written by Tim Krasniewski on . Posted in WDW Theme Park News

Via the Disney Parks Blog, Disney has announced theme park ticket price increases which go into effect on Sunday, June 2, 2013.

Of note to Disney Vacation Club members are the increases in Annual Pass prices.  For Walt Disney World, the base price of an Annual Pass is increasing from $574 to $609 for all individuals age 3 and up.  Disney Vacation Club members and qualifying family members are currently eligible for a discount of $149 off the base price of an Annual Pass.

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Passes will increase from $699 to $729 for ages 3 and up.  The DVC member discount is currently $140 off of the regular price.

Members can still purchase Annual Passes through June 1 at the current prices--with the DVC member discount--by visiting the Walt Disney World online Ticket Store or contacting DVC Member Services.

Meanwhile Disneyland Deluxe Annual Passes are set to increase from $469 to $499 each, and the Premium Annual Pass from $649 to $669.  The DVC member discount on Disneyland Annual Passes is currently a modest $20 each and it can only be purchased in-person at theme park ticket windows.

Magic Your Way passes and Disneyland Park Hopper tickets will also see price increases effective June 2.

Not real happy! -- Cinderelly
Saturday, 01 June 2013 23:30
Just spent over an hour trying to purchase an annual pass for my husband. Having read that the passes were going up tomorrow, I attempted to call member services, but they were already gone for the day. I used the link from this report to get to tickets, which is really convoluted. You get to choose how many you want, including your country and state of residency and then click continue. At that point you can choose from a drop down menu if you want an annual pass, but wait.....now you have to use the drop down menu to change the number of passes you chose on previous page (because zero is not an option there) in order to remove it from your cart. You get to annual passes and there are links to Florida resident pass or DVC member pass. The FL resident link works, but the DVC link doesn't work.....not on my PC, my IPad, or my kids Mac. So now I get to hunt around on the website for tech support, call, put on hold, get someone who says sometimes it just takes time to load (grrrr) and transfers me to reservations, hold again, and told they can't sell DVC discounted APs. They then transfer me to tech support again, and Maurice, (no kidding, Be Our Guest) attempts for 35 minutes to help me get to the page, which they decide is down. :oweye: Hoping that member services can help me tomorrow. Are they even open on Sundays anymore? And why isn't there a link to purchase tickets directly from the new and improved member website, where you have to sign in as a member. Doh! :badpc: :headbrickwall:
Re: Park ticket price increase Sunday 6/2 -- wdrl
Sunday, 02 June 2013 02:13
I think the reason Disney is raising the ticket prices on June 2nd is that our family gathering is starting June 2nd. Mere coincidence? I think not.
Re: Park ticket price increase Sunday 6/2 -- denlo
Sunday, 02 June 2013 10:43
Thanks for the heads up, Tim. You saved a family member some money. My niece and family will be arriving to night at WDW and she was going to wait until she got here to buy her tickets. But was able to buy them last night before the increase.

I still don't understand why AP holders 3 and up are adults but children 3 - 9 have a different magic my way ticket price category?

I am glad to see that DVC members still get a discount although it dropped from $149 to $140. That doesn't quite take away the sting in the price increase since Disney raised prices but lowered the discount.
Re: Park ticket price increase Sunday 6/2 -- JaxFLBear
Sunday, 02 June 2013 12:14
denlo wrote:
Universal Orlando also charges the same for Adults & Children for their annual passes. They've have been doing so longer than Disney.

The DVC AP renewal rate only went up $9, so the savings compared to buying a new one is now $70 (nearly doubled from $40 to $70).
Re: Park ticket price increase Sunday 6/2 -- KNWVIKING 2.0
Sunday, 02 June 2013 12:32
JaxFLBear wrote:

Still don't understand the justification.

There used to be a time when everyone else tried to be like Disney. Now......

DVCNews RT @DisneyFoodBlog: First Look!! Pineapple Lanai at Polynesian Village Resort! http://t.co/Q4b6GrttPd
6hreplyretweetfavorite