The Disney Vacation Club 2016 condominium association meeting will take place Thursday, December 8th at 2pm eastern. Here is how you can follow the proceedings.
Memebers wait for condo meeting to begin
For the seventh straight year, DVCNews.com will be reporting live from the annual condo meeting at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. A running commentary will be published to our Twitter feed at: http://twitter.com/dvcnews
Registration is not required to view.
During the meeting, Disney Vacation Club executives will provide a recap of the current year, ratify resort budgets for 2017 and preview the year ahead.
- The DVC Member Lounge at Epcot will remain open through December 2017;
- Pandora (the Land, not the jewelry) will open in 2017 at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park;
- New hotels/resorts are being added to the lists of places DVC members can exchange their points;
- DVC will show the same photos of the Boulder Ridge Cove and Geyser Point Restaurant that are in the current Disney Files Magazine;
- The word 'hurricane' or phrase 'storm damage' will be mentioned only once;
- After hours parties in the Parks coming in 2017;
- Free movie premiers;
- The 20% discount at select restaurants and for merchandize through September 2017;
- Pandora (the jewelry, not the Land) and Alex & Ani's DVC 25th anniversary charms and bangles;
If all these items are covered during the meeting, then I'll yell "Bingo!"
It will be interesting to read Tim's summary article about the meeting (he usually posts the summary two or three days after the meeting).
I was interested about some of the announcements about the new Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. It sounds like Copper Creek will open before the end of 2017.
If the cabins will sleep 8 guests, then this reaffirms my belief that the cabins will be very similar to the Polynesian Bungalows, which also sleep only 8. If you look at photos of the Bungalows and of the Cabins, they look to be the same size with very similar footprints. Although the Cabins won't be the size of the typical DVC Grand Villa, it doesn't mean Copper Creek won't have Grand Villas sleeping 12 guests. There are locations in the Wilderness Lodge wing being taken over by DVC that would be ideal for three-bedroom Grand Villas.
DVC is apparently adding a Community Hall and BBQ pavilion at Wilderness Lodge. The Hall would be a new amenity and a BBQ pavilion would be a major improvement over the little charcoal grill Wilderness had near the beach. Of course, these new amenities might result in increases in dues for the existing Boulder Ridge owners.