DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations"

Disney Vacation Club members can now participate in RCI's "Extra Vacations" program, paying low cash prices for timeshare accommodations without trading any points.  

RCI Extra Vacations 

Timeshare trading company RCI now allows DVC owners to pay cash for hundreds of destinations rather than trading points.  The "Extra Vacations" banner heralds weeklong stays for as little as $399 plus taxes and fees, however research shows many destinations available for under $399 with some as low as $29.99 for a full week stay.  The deepest bargains tend to fall during non-peak seasons for a given resort, and the quality of a given property should be researched thoroughly before making a reservation.  

Prime vacation destinations are featured including Hawaii, Las Vegas, resorts along the Atlantic coast including Miami Beach, the Caribbean, Brazil, United Kingdom and many more.  

RCI Reservation 2017

To access RCI, log onto DVCMember.com and look under "Plan Vacations" for the link labeled "Book Online: RCI."  Using this link will redirect to the RCI website with DVC member credentials recognized.  

Through the end of 2017, RCI is waiving the $95 transaction fee for points reservations.  And now through November 30, DVC owners will receive a discount of up to 30% off short notice points reservations.  These reservations must be made within 30 days of travel and the latest travel date is December 30, 2017.  

For additional details visit DVCMember.com or the RCI website.  

Thanks to Timothy D. for the tip!

Reader Comments
Re: DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations" -- KNWVIKING 2.0
2017 Oct 10 11:31:36 AM
Interval International has done this for years, they call them "Getaways". We just a week late Jan for our 40th anniversary in Myrtle Beach at the Marriott OceanWatch at Grande Dunes for a tad over $400.00.
Re: DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations" -- MegMML
2017 Oct 16 08:05:38 PM
KNWVIKING 2.0 wrote:
Interval International has done this for years, they call them "Getaways". We just a week late Jan for our 40th anniversary in Myrtle Beach at the Marriott OceanWatch at Grande Dunes for a tad over $400.00.

Extra Vacations are not new to RCI. It's just that DVC members are being given access to them. Last December, I booked a 3 BR 3 BA unit, right behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, for $250 total for a week through RCI. I haven't looked yet, but I'll be that Disney will have blocked the Orlando resorts.
Re: DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations" -- KNWVIKING 2.0
2017 Oct 16 08:17:20 PM
MegMML wrote:
Extra Vacations are not new to RCI. It's just that DVC members are being given access to them. Last December, I booked a 3 BR 3 BA unit, right behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, for $250 total for a week through RCI. I haven't looked yet, but I'll be that Disney will have blocked the Orlando resorts.

Orange Lake is a nice resort.

Years ago II was the DVC trading partner and back then all the resorts outside the bubble were blocked. No reason to believe DVC won't have the same restrictions with RCI.
Re: DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations" -- MegMML
2017 Oct 16 08:32:19 PM
KNWVIKING 2.0 wrote:
Orange Lake is a nice resort.

Years ago II was the DVC trading partner and back then all the resorts outside the bubble were blocked. No reason to believe DVC won't have the same restrictions with RCI.

I haven't tried Orange Lake yet. I stayed at Silver Lake.

And you can't trade into DVC with an Orlando resort, which is why I bought a resale timeshare in Las Vegas. It trades nicely into DVC, although it usually only Saratoga Springs or Old Key West these days.
Re: DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations" -- TimK
2017 Oct 16 10:13:34 PM
MegMML wrote:
Extra Vacations are not new to RCI. It's just that DVC members are being given access to them. Last December, I booked a 3 BR 3 BA unit, right behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, for $250 total for a week through RCI. I haven't looked yet, but I'll be that Disney will have blocked the Orlando resorts.

Believe so. When skimming this RCI cash inventory, I was using the map view which uses little bubbles to show number of resort options in a certain geographic area. When hovering over Orlando, it showed a big fat zero.

Email

Related Content