Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My baby's first trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default My baby's first trip

Well my wife is due in about 2 weeks and that didn't stop me from already booking our baby's first trip to Disney World from Dec. 15-23! . I know that at 10 months old or so, the baby will not remember anything once he or she grows up, but that won't stop us from creating memories for ourselves or our family. So in order to do that, we will be bringing down my wife's entire side of her family to join us for the 8 days we are in WDW. As of now including myself & DW, there are 8 adults and the baby. I definitely don't have the points for a grand villa @ BLT (our home resort) so I have to play resort roulette at the 7 month window and I'm hoping to either snag a THV or a Grand Villa @ OKW. If I'm unsuccessful with either of those then I will have to look at what the best 2 bedroom resort would be to occupy that many people. Including what I have already banked and the maximum I could borrow from the next year, I have a total of 440 points to use. Out of those 8 adults, 4 of them are her brother & sister with their respective girlfriend and boyfriend and they have no issues with sharing a room that has 2 beds in it. The other 2 adults will be her parents who will want their own space. And then finally that leaves us with wanting our own space with the baby.

First question would be: Has anyone been to WDW during this time and was able to get a THV or a Grand Villa @ OKW at the 7 month window?

Second question: Has anyone ever fit 8 adults into a 2 bedroom and survived? And if so, where did you stay or recommend to stay?

Third question: She has another sister who has 2 kids (8 & 5) and is on the fence about going but we obviously cannot fit their family into our room. Would I be able to get the DVC cash discount for booking a room for them if they decided to come even though I would not be staying in the room?

I know it's a lot of questions but between waiting for this darn baby to finally arrive and now this trip, my head is going in circles!
    1988 - First Trip to Disney World
    2006 - Proposed In Front of Cinderella's Castle
    2007 - Married at Disney's Boardwalk
    Resort
    2009 - New Owner of Bay Lake Tower
    2010 - First Trip to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fabulous, and congratulations on the forthcoming 'little one'! A new baby + WDW = perfect

I 'think' you can have DVC discount, but not entirely sure....
    Sharon

'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas-Please stand clear of the doors

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man rocco! That has to be super fun to you... when the time comes you are all going to be going crazy over the baby. Lol!

I have no idea about the discount through dvc working for family but I dont know how much the cash discount is and how it works but I guess ill look that up as i would like to know if we get discounts on all resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions, but I am very excited for you about the impending arrival of your first little one. My years at WDW when my kids were small are some of my happiest memories. Although the baby won't remember his or her first trip YOU definitely will. Besides I am sure you'll take lots of pics of the baby's first trip to WDW, and you can show him/her when he/she is older.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys! To add to keeping the memories I've now added trying to find an HD camcorder to buy to the mix so we have everything recorded as well! I just hope someone can help out with my questions, especially the one about booking a discounted room even though I would not be staying in it.
    1988 - First Trip to Disney World
    2006 - Proposed In Front of Cinderella's Castle
    2007 - Married at Disney's Boardwalk
    Resort
    2009 - New Owner of Bay Lake Tower
    2010 - First Trip to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoccoP72 View Post
    I just hope someone can help out with my questions, especially the one about booking a discounted room even though I would not be staying in it.
    I suppose you thought of this already, but I am sure if you call MS they can answer that question.

To answer question one, based on what I have read/heard: My guess would be that it's going to be tough to snag THV or Grand Villa at OKW at 7 months out during the time you are going, but nothing is impossible.
    Last edited by idratherbeinwdw; 01-19-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a similar situation right now, this is how I did find this thread.
    My wife is pregnant now and we plan a trip to DW as we promised to our older son already some time ago.
    So I wonder how it is with a baby in DW.
    I think things might have changed especially for the discounts, I'm going to check this out later today.
    However do you get baby stuff at DW or do you have to bring everything with you? Like diapers, formula (we use this special one), are there like baby buggies around? What if our son doesn't like to walk anymore and the buggy. Or do you think everybody is going to be so excited anyways that there is no time for being tired?
    This is very interesting to me as it means a different kind of planning things
    However I'm also very much looking forward to this trip!

Take care,

Jupiter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeinwdw View Post
    I suppose you thought of this already, but I am sure if you call MS they can answer that question.

To answer question one, based on what I have read/heard: My guess would be that it's going to be tough to snag THV or Grand Villa at OKW at 7 months out during the time you are going, but nothing is impossible.
    There are great family discounts around.

I like the nothing is impossible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
    I'm in a similar situation right now, this is how I did find this thread.
    My wife is pregnant now and we plan a trip to DW as we promised to our older son already some time ago.
    So I wonder how it is with a baby in DW.
    I think things might have changed especially for the discounts, I'm going to check this out later today.
    However do you get baby stuff at DW or do you have to bring everything with you? Like diapers, formula (we use this special one), are there like baby buggies around? What if our son doesn't like to walk anymore and the buggy. Or do you think everybody is going to be so excited anyways that there is no time for being tired?
    This is very interesting to me as it means a different kind of planning things
    However I'm also very much looking forward to this trip!

Take care,

Jupiter
    Hi Jupiter,

it depends on where you are staying. Some hotels provide buggies etc. so you don't need to bring everything. Just call and ask them.
    If you need some very specific things though I would just bring it.
    Good planning is important anyways especially with - I assume - a toddler and a baby but you're going to have an amazing time! I assure you!

Best,

batta

Post Thanks / Like

Actually Disney’s resorts do not offer free buggies. The DVC resorts will have high chairs and a pack ‘n play for the baby to sleep in. But strollers will have to be rented from another company. Disney resorts have some strollers but they are not really good for babies.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge