Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    No, no mention of adding more Vacation Homes at Disneyland. However, TimK tweeted that beginning in September 2012 members can book hotel rooms at the Grand Californian Hotel.

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV
    Well I guess I will find out if my guide is interested in selling me more points or if I will have to chase him down to give him my money

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, BWV, VGF
    Some quick pics from the 2011 DVC Annual Meeting.

Our new head of DVC is at the far left.

Below is a photo of her from the projection screen

My Disney photos on Flickr

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

4. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT and AKV
    Quote Originally Posted by Minne's Friend View Post
    Thanks Tim thrilled about GF, really want to buy there. But not thrilled about the point reallocation, thought when we bought they said that the points would never change. This will be the second reallocation since we join the family
    Well the points don't change for the year's total points for each resort, but they do move them around from season to season and between villa types and views. The last two reallocations were supposed to even out that more members were staying weekdays and not as many on weekends. It'll will be interesting to see what this reallocation affects--maybe early December will be moved out of Adventure Season and another less busy month or two weeks will move into that season or early October will move to a more expensive season and part of August will move to a less expensive season. And BLT's views are still baffling for the members. Maybe some of the lake views will be moved to standard view and Theme park and lake view will have to absorb the lost points for those villas. These are all speculations on my part.

Just remember the goal of a timeshare is to have all days booked for each villa. So they play around with the points to attract people to different vacation times when one period is heavily wait listed and another period the rooms stay empty.
    --Denise

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    I'm ambivalent about another reallocation of points. Since our stays usually include Fridays and Saturdays, we have actually been helped by the last two reallocations.

What I don't understand is why Disney can't release the 2013 point charts right now. If it feels a reallocation is necessary and justified by existing booking patterns, then why not announce it now? Why does it have to wait until January -- almost the last moment before the 11-month window opens for stays that include January 1, 2013 -- before it publishes the charts? I'm sure there are quite a few members who start planning their trips 12 or 13 or more months before the check in date, and getting the 2013 point charts as early as possible would be helpful.

We are a captured audience. If someone decides to sell their membership because of the reallocation, it won't have much adverse affect Disney.

6. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT and BCV
    [QUOTE=wdrl;123844]I'm ambivalent about another reallocation of points. Since our stays usually include Fridays and Saturdays, we have actually been helped by the last two reallocations.

I agree that we have been helped by the last reallocations. Since we drive, it's at least an 18 hour trip we also include weekends. It's a very long way to go to just stay Sunday thru Thursday like so many DVCers used to do. Hopefully there won't be too many drastic changes.

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV, SSR, VGC
    I would think this change has to be related to the seasons. There isn't anything else they can do to balance weekdays / weekends further, and shouldn't be enough data to suggest that '10 and '11 changes were too radical.

PURELY SPECULATION but IMO the periods most in need of change are:

October +
    Early December +
    May -
    Late August -

It will probably be much more complicated than that. But October and early Dec are sorely in need of increases. Maybe not dramatic but some increase. And in August they have to bribe hotel guests with "Free dining" so that should probably be Adventure Season--or close to it--like Sept.

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    I would think this change has to be related to the seasons. There isn't anything else they can do to balance weekdays / weekends further, and shouldn't be enough data to suggest that '10 and '11 changes were too radical.

PURELY SPECULATION but IMO the periods most in need of change are:

October +
    Early December +
    May -
    Late August -

It will probably be much more complicated than that. But October and early Dec are sorely in need of increases. Maybe not dramatic but some increase. And in August they have to bribe hotel guests with "Free dining" so that should probably be Adventure Season--or close to it--like Sept.
    Someone on the disboards said Disney passed out that new point charts at the Annual meeting. Did you get a copy?

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV, SSR, VGC
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Someone on the disboards said Disney passed out that new point charts at the Annual meeting. Did you get a copy?
    The planners distributed have only 2012 point charts.

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT, AKV, & Aulani
    Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    The planners distributed have only 2012 point charts.
    That's what I thought, but a disboard person said she got the point charts (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=10).

Goes to show you that if its not reported on the DVCNews, then the information is suspect!