Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Old Key West renovated room photos 
    Website Allears.net has posted photos of the newly-renovated villas at Disney's Old Key West Resort.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV, VWL, HHI
    It's about time! I do wish that Disney would change DVC resort bedding from comforters to duvets, as they seem to be doing for the rest of the deluxe resorts (and even some of the moderates). I also hope this means they've changed the mattresses to pillow top! I like the addition of the sleeper chair, too.
    Sophia: “The race was underway. I start off slow. I’m cagey, like a panther, but when the time is right I pounce! The crowd is on its feet: ‘Sophia! Sophia!’ I could see the finish line; it was only 200-300 yds away. And then, it happened—what every runner dreads. I hit the wall.”

Dorothy: “Ah, ma, you ran out of steam?”

Sophia: “No, I actually hit a wall. They put up a new Wendy’s on Collins Ave.”

-The Golden Girls, Season 2

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW, VWL
    I hope the Grand Villa I'm staying at in October is refurbished by the time I get there!
    Marc
    DVC Member
    D23 Charter Member

4. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BLT and AKV
    It looks nice, and the resort REALLY needed it, but it does seem that some of the Key West theme is gone. I wonder if it's just not coming through in the pictures...

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV, OKW
    Wow -- looks really good, esp. the window treatments!

6. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    SSR, BLT
    Love it!
    The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret~Sarah Bombell
    Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~Earl Nightingale

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    VWL
    Looking good. Might have to book a stay in 2011.

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudnut220 View Post
    It looks nice, and the resort REALLY needed it, but it does seem that some of the Key West theme is gone. I wonder if it's just not coming through in the pictures...
    I felt the same way about the BWV rehab. Needed to be done, but much of the theming seemed to be lost. I particularly dislike them replacing the old funky seafoam colored tv stands/armoires with ones that are dark brown. Love the new flat screen tvs, but the former color scheme was more fun. Not too wild about the hallway carpeting either, I prefer the old seashells/beach carpeting. And they took out the really cool curtains from the studios, the ones with BW scenes and hidden mickeys on them, and replaced them with plain ole curtains. (Lucky for me I bought a set of the older curtains (a new and unused set) on Ebay. They are in hung in my dining area in front of sliding doors that lead to my yard).
    Last edited by idratherbeinwdw; 07-12-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    okw
    I'm a bit disappointed. I loved the bright, cheerful look of the old rooms better than the dull drabness of the new ones. Yes, it's new but the rooms looks like an ordinary hotel room and not playful Old Key West. It seems all a bit too stuffy and seems to have lost its fun. Yes the sleeper chair is nice but the color scheme in my opinion stinks! Yes my home resort needed updating but it definitely lost it's level of fun for me.

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BCV
    Hi,

I love it! Can't wait to go back!
    Captain Jack's Princess aka Allison & CCI service dog Claire
    It is not the destantion so much as the journey. Captain Jack Sparrow
    Everything I've ever done that's ultimately been worthwhile has initially scared me to death