Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I find Deevy See so annoying that I refuse to watch any new videos of her. When I get an email from DVC with a reference to Deevy See, I delete it immediately.
    ~ Live your dreams ~

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    VWL, BCV, AKV, SSR
    Well, I guess I'm one of the few because DeeVee has actually grown on me and I find her funny, in the same way as a strange but loved relative can be. I first saw her at the Doorway to Dreams opening in Chicago...and really didn't like her...she annoyed me terribly. Since then, I've taken a good look at her costume and character and can see the humor there. DeeVee's costume at the Christmas Member Mixers this year was particularly interesting, with all it's additional padding on her arms, and her wig was way over the top. I think she's very campy.

PS Maybe I'm just getting more "tolerant", "deaf" or "blind" in my old age :-)

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Beach Club, Grand Californian, Aulani
    Finally, some one else that appreciates Deevy's campy spoof of being an over the top major Disneyphile. We all see Disney guests out there demostrating the same characteristics, just not so flamboyant with ALL the characteristics wrapped up in one person.

We just came home Saturday from a 7 night Disney cruise and there were 3 young Japanese women, looking like they were in their early thirties that went completely gaagaa over taking pictures with Mickey and all his friends. I also would see them around on the ship taking photos in the same fashion with anything Disneyesque.

I'm telling you, they were Deevy in the flesh ala Japan times 3. And, like Deevy See, some people were annoyed by their behavior (especially in the photo lines, they took up a lot of time, while people were waiting in line with their kids/grandkids), but, then there were some who thought that even though they wouldn't behave that way, how cool it was to be so uninhibited to be able to have so much fun.

It makes for a less stressed life when we can spoof and chuckle at ourselves. I rhink that is part of the function that Miss Deevy See fills. A few people said that they were annoyed by Deevy while their children enjoyed her. Point made, children don't react and judge by learned adult standards, they react from their innocent hearts. If we used our childlike eyes and hearts, maybe Deevy wouldn't be so annoying. So come on fellow Disneyphiles, let your eyes and hearts be filled with whimsy and fantasy and see the fun in Miss Deevy See. She's a comedian, she's campy fun.
    Having fun with the Journey.

4. Collapse Details

Campy can be fun when done well. IMO she does not do it well. Not by a long shot. And frankly, it's a bit much to imply people must be missing something or not willing to laugh at themselves if they don't like her act.
    ~ Mike ~

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV
    Waltons if you enjoy Deevythat's great. However I felt a bit judged by the last paragraph in your post. If anyone can be silly, childlike and immature it's me. When I am with my 19 and 24 year old kids at WDW they roll their eyes so much at me acting like a kid that I am surprised their eyes aren't stuck up in their foreheads. It's not that I am not in touch with my inner child. I just don't like deevy.

I'm glad you get a kick out of her, but I disagree that those of us who don't care for her are somehow lacking the ability to appreciate whimsy and fantasy. I find her appearances cloying and not at all clever. Disney is usually great at appealing to all age groups. I don't think they hit the target very well with Deevy.
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

6. Collapse Details

There were multiple examples of "campy" characters done very well during the run of the Adventurer's Club. I even read somewhere (Not sure if it's accurate) that the actress playing Deevey used to be one of the back up players there. I suspect she wasn't very good at filling those roles either.
    ~ Mike ~

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    When push comes to shove, likes and dislikes are subjective.

I apologize to anyone who thinks I was implying anything about their own sense of humor or personal opinion. Everyone has a right to their opinion, likes and dislikes.

I just felt that this thread is filled with a lot of negativeness and I was just trying to bring another view point to be considered and pondered.

Everyone have a Great Day!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by waltons View Post
    I apologize to anyone who thinks I was implying anything about their own sense of humor or personal opinion.
    The paragraph below is clearly implying something about the sense of humor of those that don't like her act. It's one thing to have a differing opinion. It's quite another to imply the differing opinion is not valid like the paragraph below implies.

It makes for a less stressed life when we can spoof and chuckle at ourselves. I rhink that is part of the function that Miss Deevy See fills. A few people said that they were annoyed by Deevy while their children enjoyed her. Point made, children don't react and judge by learned adult standards, they react from their innocent hearts. If we used our childlike eyes and hearts, maybe Deevy wouldn't be so annoying. So come on fellow Disneyphiles, let your eyes and hearts be filled with whimsy and fantasy and see the fun in Miss Deevy See. She's a comedian, she's campy fun.
    ~ Mike ~

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Cardaway,
    I publicly apologized for my words and how they sounded, and then stated what my intention was regardless of how they sounded to anyone, hence my apology.

Communication and thoughts can be subjective too. You may say the ocean is blue, I may say the ocean is colbalt.

Everyone also has the right to accept my apolgy or not, I don't have the power to control that.

Best regards to you and all.

10. Collapse Details

Cardaway,
    I publicly apologized for my words and how they sounded, and then stated what my intention was regardless of how they sounded to anyone, hence my apology.
    What I read looked to be denying you ever implied anything about the sense of humor of others. If you're taking that back, great.
    ~ Mike ~