Thread: AKV Club Level!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    AKV Club Level! 
    My DVC Home(s)
    AKV, VWL, HHI
    I just got off the phone with MS and I am booked for a 1BR AKV club level for May 16-21! I am so excited! Now how do I get the next 11 months to go by quickly ?
    Sophia: “The race was underway. I start off slow. I’m cagey, like a panther, but when the time is right I pounce! The crowd is on its feet: ‘Sophia! Sophia!’ I could see the finish line; it was only 200-300 yds away. And then, it happened—what every runner dreads. I hit the wall.”

Dorothy: “Ah, ma, you ran out of steam?”

Sophia: “No, I actually hit a wall. They put up a new Wendy’s on Collins Ave.”

-The Golden Girls, Season 2

2. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Animal Kingdom Villas
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Jan. 1996 Carribean Beach Resort
    July 1999 Carribean Beach Resort
    Oct. 2000 Carribean Beach Resort
    Aug. 2005 off site
    Aug. 2006 Pop Century
    Aug. 2007 Old Key West
    Aug. 2009 Saratoga Springs
    Aug. 2010 AKV concierge level
    Aug. 2011 Bay Lake Tower Lake View
    Feb. 2012 Bay Lake Tower Lake View
    Aug. 2012 AKV concierge level

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BCV
    Congrats!!!
    Captain Jack's Princess aka Allison & CCI service dog Claire
    It is not the destantion so much as the journey. Captain Jack Sparrow
    Everything I've ever done that's ultimately been worthwhile has initially scared me to death

4. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV
    Wow! HUGE congrats on that! I have no idea how to make the 11 months go by faster. but, maybe you can start planning all the rest of the trip like every week you can plan one part of one day. like which park to go to or what restaurant would you like to go to or even small things like what snacks would yoi like to have and if your like me when you think about the snacks you imagine eating them. lol

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV, VWL, HHI
    I just called MS again--I wanted to clarify my room request (I requested to be on the savannah, not pool, side). After researching on dvcnews.com's handy room finder feature, I realized that two of the three 1BRs on that side are HA, and one of those doesn't have a whirlpool tub! If it comes down to that, I would prefer a whirlpool tub over savannah view.

I also realized that this vacation will be right after a HUGE (and very expensive) examination I have to take to further my career. So I am for sure going to live it up! I'm thinking definitely either the sunrise or sunset safari, maybe a trip to the spa (it looks like AKL has some spa services), and some super nice dining. I don't care if I have to live like a miser until then (especially since I need to be studying so I can be sure and pass the test)!!!
    Sophia: “The race was underway. I start off slow. I’m cagey, like a panther, but when the time is right I pounce! The crowd is on its feet: ‘Sophia! Sophia!’ I could see the finish line; it was only 200-300 yds away. And then, it happened—what every runner dreads. I hit the wall.”

6. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV, VWL, HHI
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZ NeE 08 View Post
    Wow! HUGE congrats on that! I have no idea how to make the 11 months go by faster. but, maybe you can start planning all the rest of the trip like every week you can plan one part of one day. like which park to go to or what restaurant would you like to go to or even small things like what snacks would yoi like to have and if your like me when you think about the snacks you imagine eating them. lol
    Haha! Don't worry; I will plan and re-plan this trip (as I do with all of them) a thousand times between now and check-in. I feel sorry for the poor concierge planner who gets stuck with me!

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV
    The food in the Kilimanjaro club is soooo good... Have a few Moroccan style carrots for me and a Tusker will ya?!?! Oh, and bring some of your favorite rum and put a splash in their African Smoothie...

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV
    Congrats on snagging the great ressie MM!
    Mar' (Mar' does NOT rhyme with Car, it's short for Marilyn)
    First trip 1973, BWV Owner 8/04, Homeowner in Davenport, FL 7/13

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me!

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW,VWL,BCV
    Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornMiss View Post
    Now how do I get the next 11 months to go by quickly ?
    Try a coma.

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV, VWL, HHI
    Thanks, everyone!

I'm thinking of adding on the Friday at the end of the vacation, though changing to a non-club level AKV room. However, to do this, I will have to borrow points from the next year (I guess that would be 2011). Is there a way to re-arrange points so that these come from the 2010 use year, to still be able to bank them in case I have to cancel that one day? Or can the switch be made at the time of cancellation (if that has to happen for some reason)? Can these ressies be linked, or do I have to check-in/check-out for the last day because it will be a different room?