Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DVCNews Debates: Park vs Non-Park Resorts 
    Disney Vacation Club is comprised of seven resorts at Walt Disney World, one at Disneyland and two non-theme park destinations (with a third under development.)

Topic: Where would you most like to see future expansion occur: theme park resorts or non-park destinations?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Collapse Details

I'm currently in the process of trying to convince my husband to buy into DVC. If there were more non-park resorts to choose from I think he would be more interested. I would love to visit WDW several times a year... he would be fine with visiting once every 3-4 years.

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW,VWL,BCV
    While I like places like HHI and VB, IMO DVC is about The Parks.

Get outside WDW and time share options are limitless with companies that have been making world class resorts for a very long time.

Right now all my vacation time is spent in WDW or just outside it's doors. When I start traveling outside The World again, it will be because I want an entirely different atmosphere.

4. Collapse Details

I would really like to see them create a Ski/winter destination like Lake Tahoe, or somplace in Colorado. I think then the offering would be complete since DVC would have THemepark, Beach and Mountain destinations. I think that we need another destination out west to serve the Western DVC membership. I do think it will be a while until it happens, I think DVC is going to act conservatively for the next couple of years.

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Bay Lake Tower
    I bought into DVC for the theme parks. I know that if I want travel outside the theme parks it's available but for me Disney World is why I bought. I would love to see a DVC at the Polynesian. Don't know how but it would be awesome!
    DVC Member 2008! Annual Passholder
    I'm a Disney fan who loves inspiring and helping others experience the magic of Disney
    Check out my July Disney 2010 photo book. Visit my new blog HERE.

6. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    SSR & VGC
    While we bought DVC to be able to go to WDW year after year, we do want to try all of them so we hope to go to HHI, Vero, and of course Hawaii. Amy and I were actually talking this weekend about when is a good time to go to HHI.

-Matt
    -Matt

"I am not a baby! I have a pension!"
    "We want cake! Where's our cake?!"
    "The sea monkey has my money."

A bad day at WDW is still better then a good day at work!!

Lets go Devils!
    Go Big Blue!
    Lets go Mets!

7. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower
    There are nonpark resorts. Over 500 around the world outside of DVC in Orlando. You can stay at a resort in North Carolina on DVC points or stay in Italy. DVC has the DVC resorts, Disney Collection, Adventurer Collection, World Passport Collection, and Concierge Collection that you can use your DVC points on. It's not just all Disney. You can use your points anywhere you like. I would like to see DVC at the Polynesian at WDW. Please tell me that they have seriously thought of doing that!

2008--SSR (February)
    2008--Fort Wilderness (June)
    2008--Polynesian Resort (July & September)
    2008--SSR (September & October)
    2008--Pop Century (November & December)
    2009--SSR (January & February)
    2009--Carribean Beach Resort (March)
    2009--Coronado Springs Resort (April)
    2009--AKV Kidani Village (May)
    2009--SSR (May)
    2009--OKW (July)
    2009--AKV Kidani Village (November 25-27)
    2010--BLT (January 7-9)

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Still Looking
    I agree that for my family DVC is about the theme parks. I would love to see a GF DVC or Poly PVC.

9. Collapse Details

A DVC Resort in the Mountain West would be awesome. Perhaps near Yellowstone or the Tetons. Having quality Disney accommodations after of a day of hiking, fishing, climbing, skiing or biking would be HEAVEN for me.

It will probably never happen as Disney wants us to spend $ at the parks which is something I completely understand.

As far as the argument that you can use PTS through RCI now, the fee to book I think is high and would imagine it will get higher. Also, (and I might be wrong on this), the number of RCI properties offered to DVC is less. Maybe they are the BEST Properties? I don't know.

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower
    If you look at your planner you can see what is offered outside of the DVC properties. I believe there are some out west too. Adventures by disney has excursions that are outdoors. Look into that too.

2008--SSR (February)
    2008--Fort Wilderness (June)
    2008--Polynesian Resort (July & September)
    2008--SSR (September & October)
    2008--Pop Century (November & December)
    2009--SSR (January & February)
    2009--Carribean Beach Resort (March)
    2009--Coronado Springs Resort (April)
    2009--AKV Kidani Village (May)
    2009--SSR (May)
    2009--OKW (July)
    2009--AKV Kidani Village (November 25-27)
    2010--BLT (January 7-9)