Holy dang! seems that you bumped into something during this trip. what happened?
Results 1 to 10 of 24
What I know for sure....(Rozzie's March TR) Pics Post #9 – 03-17-2009,09:20 PM
To save time and energy I have complied a list of what I know. We are all different, different styles, tastes, passions and dislikes, but I think I have a pretty good handle on where I am in my journey. It has taken 25+ years of trips/5 years of DVC ownership, but this is what I have figured out so far...
1. I overpack and will always overpack. Even with 2 Ownerslockers, I bring enough crap to outfit OKW. Enough First Aid supplies to do open heart surgery in the villa. It's a sickness I tell you. I love my locker's-- I will give up a lot of things in my life before I give up my OL's.
2. Okay BWV, BCV, VAKL, BLT owners. You can rest a little easier tonight, as we won't be staying at your resorts. For now on, it's SSR or OKW for us. We just love the resort "away" from it feeling we get when staying at our 2 loves. I didn't realize how much I missed it until this trip. Our last trip was to BWV and I never got that "relaxed" feeling. VAKL is away from it, but there is no where to run. Well, not unless I want to out run a animal or two.
3. We are not buying the TIW card again. Our best meals this trip were off property by far. Incredible food. I will say our onsite meals were a lot better than past trips, but you can't beat the value by going off property. We will stick to restaurants that take DVC discounts. (example the 20% off at Wolfgang's was sweet!)
4. I think we are not renewing our AP's this next go around. They expire in Jan, and I think for next year we will probably just do 10 Day MYW Non Exp. We love our resort days, plus we want to start journeying back to the Dark Side and Sea World. Just makes sense. Plus we will be doing a lot of "race tourist" stuff next year, traveling to different races in different places. We will still stay probably at our DVC some, but using it as a home base sort of thing. Right now our priority is racing.
5. When your car breaks down, for G*d sake have a valid credit card on you. That drawer full on credit cards you get in the mail that you put away to call and renew does not do you any good when you are on the side of the road in Celebration. Also have lots of cash on you at all times. Tow Truck drivers do not like any type of CC. If you can't have enough cash, make sure you are with a good friend who does. (Thanks Gail! )
6. People are way way too much into the Princess thing. There has to be some medicine out there for this condition. Also Disney Races really need to improve their post race food for the money they charge. The medals are cool though. The best thing about racing at Disney is doing it with dear friends---the Team Peacock gang is precious to me.
7. If you see something in the Art of Disney you want--buy it then and there. Don't wait, looking at it every trip, thinking you will plop down the cash for it next time. When it's gone, it's gone!
8. You can save a heck of a lot of money by bringing a cooler and your own drinks to the pool.
9. Cooking Out at neighborhood pool's rock!
10. WDW is great. DVC is wonderful--but it's the friends we have made over the years that make it a gift that keeps on giving. Thanks to my friends who made this trip one I will never forget. (so happy to have Team Peacock together, and the Stimpy's for making the trip for the race, spending time with the little nonoette's, love meeting Lisa and Honey, seeing Laura and Carrie again...) The parks are a side dish to us, it's our DVC friends that are the main dish and dessert!
A special thank you to Gail/Mickeyndvcfan for not only being the best roommate ever, but for also helping us push the car in the middle of the hwy, I only wish we took a pic.
Pics to follow in AM....
Last edited by Rozzie; 03-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Millie - and I think just about every other woman - agree to #1. My stuff took up HALF of just one carry on bag.Sometimes I think she packs stuff we don't even use at home.
It was very wise of you to exclude VWL from your list of resorts you won't be returning too.
Sounds like you drive/push a Ford.
I blame the cooler we now keep in our OL for the 10 lbs I gained last trip to BCV.
Cool thread Roz.
I excluded VWL as I've never stayed there, but it's on the list to try. It has great running trails, and has the "away" feel that we like. I think maybe 2011 we might give it a whirl. I saw the BLT models for the first time up close this trip, and I am still a little freaked out by the foyer see through door in the 1BR. Oh, and no where to run unless I want to get run over by a bus.
Some random pics...
Team Peacock at Olivia's, night before big race.
From L-R: lllovell (sitting), Stimpy, PoohsPal, Rozzie, WithDisneySpirit, Mickeyndvcfan, nono (sitting)
Team Peacock post race with their medals (Princess Half Marathon)
L-R: little nonoette, Rozzie, little nonoette #2, nono, mickeyndvcfan, withdisneyspirit, PoohsPal
Guess who we ran into at the Suitcase? The Locker Papa himself!
2 men: Locker John, Mr. Roz
Gail and I saying goodbye to our lockers...
Last edited by Rozzie; 03-19-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Rozzie - I, thankfully, don't have your disease of overpacking! We know where a lot of stores are off property and I figure if it isn't in my OL and I didn't pack it, we can get it at the stores.
Of course, on our trip down in January, we discovered upon arrival and unpacking that as I had packed PJ shirts for the trip, apparently she helped by unpacking them before we left so she had 2 shirts for a 1 week trip. I think she did this on purpose and the child loves to shop already (dear lord - where did I get this girlie girl??? )
I am glad you had Gail with you when you broke down. That is a frustration we have yet to have...and hopefully never will. All is well that ended well, but still...better to have NOT happened I know.
*hug* It was wonderful to see you and Scott again! Dinner at Olivias was a blast and I thought the food was good, but I agree...we are becoming more and more off site eaters.