Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Free $100 Disney Gift Card 
    Chase is offering a special for Disney Vacation Club members. Members who apply and are approved for the Chase Disney Visa using the link on DVCmember.com home page will get a free $100 Disney Gift card after the Visa card's first use.

Log-onto DVCmember.com and scroll to the bottom of the homepage to access this offer.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Collapse Details

Hilton Head 2 weeks a year, otherwise irrelevent
    My DVC Home(s)
    Hilton Head
    And to all you loyal card patrons, who have been paying on time, and never incurred a penalty or interest payment, congratulations, you get squat.

Yeah, I know, it's a sign-on bonus and not applicable to card holders. But for once you would think that loyal customers can get a break on something.

This reminds me of that commercial from a few years back where the teacher offers the unopened box of 400 crayons to the new student and the rest of the kids just stare blankly back at her with that "what are we, chopped liver?" look. I think it was a Staples reward program ad.

Sorry for complaining, thanks for the heads up Tim.

3. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    AKV
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    And to all you loyal card patrons, who have been paying on time, and never incurred a penalty or interest payment, congratulations, you get squat.

Yeah, I know, it's a sign-on bonus and not applicable to card holders. But for once you would think that loyal customers can get a break on something.

This reminds me of that commercial from a few years back where the teacher offers the unopened box of 400 crayons to the new student and the rest of the kids just stare blankly back at her with that "what are we, chopped liver?" look. I think it was a Staples reward program ad.

Sorry for complaining, thanks for the heads up Tim.

Don't worry stitch I would have said the same thing. I am so upset at the fact that I had signed up for the Disney chase card at DTD and they gave us a gift bag which wasn't very good but it was a bonus! then when we got back home we saw in the disney store that they would give us 40 by signing up and then now $100 OMG!!! that's a bummer! I wish we could get some type of bonus. lol! atleast they gave me 0% apr for 6 months on like 2k of the DVC purchase.

4. Collapse Details

We just applied last week when I saw the $40 reward card. Now its 100$

We tried to call Chase just now saying can we change anything since we have not even recieved our cards yet. But we got the run around and transfered to 3 different departments. Oh well at least we get $40 if you go through the Main Disney web site you only get $15 and $0 when you apply directly through chase

5. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    BWV, SSR, VGC
    About 18 months ago my mother applied for a Chase offer and basically the same thing happened--within a day or two there was a better offer. She called customer service and was told something to the effect that they actually allow people to 2-3 cards per individual without raising any red flags. She applied under the second offer and got the higher gift card without incident.

I know the fine print implies that this would not be the case, but that's what CS told her and it worked. Of course it's always possible something has changed since then.

Another option for those of you who are married: apply for a new Disney Visa and list your significant other as the primary cardholder (or whatever the term may be.) I don't believe there is any address restriction to the offer.

I won't comment about how any of these approaches may affect your credit rating, though.

6. Collapse Details
    Free $100 Disney Gift Card 
    My DVC Home(s)
    Wherever Tim and Lisa take me!
    When I found (actually Tim found) a better offer after I had already applied, I made sure that I chose a different Disney character on the second card. I only activated the one with the higher gift when the cards arrived and I could tell which one was the higher by the picture. You won't receive the $100 gift card until you actually use the card.

I hope it will still work for you.

Barb
    (Tim's Mom)

7. Collapse Details

Well Thanks for the info. I will probably give it a try.

8. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW, VWL
    We've had a Disney Visa since day 1 (it says so on the card), but the card is in Doug's name. So I just applied for one.
    ~~~~~~
    --Rita
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

9. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW,VWL,BCV
    I'm still waiting for Disney to come out with their next 5% rebate promo. 'bout a year ago they offered this promo with various spending thresholds. Since we rarely used Mill's card, she got 5% on any amount over $100.00. My card required $1000.00 in spending before the 5% kicked in. During the 3 month promo, we racked up 77 reward dollars on Mill's card and than retired both cards. I'm hoping the inactivity will spur a low threshold on both the cards next time.

10. Collapse Details

My DVC Home(s)
    OKW, VWL
    We have a 5% rebate on gas purchases right now through the end of March.
    ~~~~~~
    --Rita
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney