Nothing much happening on the Nothing Thread these days. Sad. Let's start a revival posting!
Thread: The Nothing Thread
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 9588
Woke up this morning to find that our mountain sized root ball fell back down. We cut most of the tree off it so I guess the wind blew just right and back down she went. Of course, we slept thru the boom it must have made.
Only other Nothing going on around here is tearing down wall paper, painting & paneling the kitchen. Project is about 80% done and actually looks quite nice if I do say so myself. Credit goes to Mill. She picks out all the stuff she wants & keeps a thumb in my back till I get done the things she can't do herself.
Need to enroll her in a carpentry / handtools class.
in the same vein:
The Hyatt Maui hotel had an 'inner' courtyard. When they were building the hotel , a helicopter brought in a huge banyan tree for the center of that courtyard. About 9 years later, we were staying at the Hotel, and I had some pics taken by the Banyan tree and remarked how lovely it was. Well, some time during the night, the tree keeled over....and must have made a HUGE SOUND. Maybe it was the Mai Tais, but we never heard a thing. Sadly, they removed the tree, but never replaced it.
Hope your remodel ends up looking beeeeeeauuuuuuuuutiful and I'll be sure to give all the credit to Millie and her thumb!
A most productive weekend in our house.
* Managed to get the brand new dishwasher working (just a wiring issue afterall, nothing too serious).
* Painted the front door and repaired the locks, we were actually unable to lock our house most of July.
* Got the lawnmower fixed, which means I mowed the lawn for the first time since early June. In a way I'm lucky that the lack of rain killed most of the grass anyway.
* Finally put away all the luggage from the DL trip, but we're going to HHI in 12 days so that was sort of a waste.
* Bought all the kids back-to-school supplies! Now just have to get DS some shoes that fit. He was a size 10 in December, a 10.5 by April and an 11 in June. I may wait until the day before school to buy the shoes.
* And we bought the presents and all the fixins for DD's 18th birthday party on Tuesday. (Yes Carrie, my little girl is turning 18. How old does that make the rest of us?)
Oh, and I bought a new case of Yuengling.
Glad to see you are all still up to a whole lotta Nothing. How is everyone?
No complaints here, Rash. Still living the Philly dream, kids are getting big. DD celebrates her 18th tomorrow and DS will be 15 in October. We're off to HHI in less than 2 weeks and had a great trip to DL in June.
How are your little stallions, though I guess they're not that little anymore.
Enjoy HHI - miss that place.
DD is 12, DS is 7, so I am in full fledged taxi mode - sports, school events, etc. DD just finished her first AAU traveling basketball season. Alot of fun, but very demanding time and money wise. We were out of town for tournaments basically every weekend from March to early June.
Just booked our next trip to the world for Jan 13. We were going to skip Disney this year and go to the Carribean in the summer, but I had points to use or lose before April, so we're going for 5 nights over MLK weekend. Still managed to rent a good amount of points, so that cash has kept the Carribeean dream alive. Anyone have any suggestions on where in the Carribean? I've been to Cayman, Cancun, Bahamas, but would go again. Any specific resort/hotel recommendations?
Last edited by Rash; 07-30-2012 at 11:03 AM.