Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permit Application Suggests Revival of Ft. Wilderness DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Permit Application Suggests Revival of Ft. Wilderness DVC

With Copper Creek Villas & Cabins just nine months old and Disney's Riviera Resort a steel shell, Disney Vacation Club may already be looking ahead to its sixteenth timeshare property.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I was very excited when the 2011 project was first announced. But I am not so excited anymore. There are two separate DVC resorts at Wilderness Lodge, plus the hotel. How many wilderness themed hotels does Disney need? Also when the 2011 project leaked there were lots of complaints by Ft. Wilderness lovers that didn't want a hotel on the Ft. Wilderness property. They seemed to think hotel guests would take away from the rustic them of the resort. Although I never quite got that complaint when people drive up in $100,000 RVs and park them at one of the campsites.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I was very excited when the 2011 project was first announced. But I am not so excited anymore. There are two separate DVC resorts at Wilderness Lodge, plus the hotel. How many wilderness themed hotels does Disney need? Also when the 2011 project leaked there were lots of complaints by Ft. Wilderness lovers that didn't want a hotel on the Ft. Wilderness property. They seemed to think hotel guests would take away from the rustic them of the resort. Although I never quite got that complaint when people drive up in $100,000 RVs and park them at one of the campsites.
    I think this resort will have a different feel. Unlike Wilderness lodge, it will be directly adjacent to Fort Wilderness which has a very laid back feel. Also if they go through with the lazy river concept it will be more like Aulani that WL, and I imagine only members staying at that resort will have access to it. Architecture looks a lot like the Grand Californian which is a spectacular resort. I am looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
    I think this resort will have a different feel. Unlike Wilderness lodge, it will be directly adjacent to Fort Wilderness which has a very laid back feel. Also if they go through with the lazy river concept it will be more like Aulani that WL, and I imagine only members staying at that resort will have access to it. Architecture looks a lot like the Grand Californian which is a spectacular resort. I am looking forward to it.
    I thought the architecture looks more like KV/JH. But they may have the same architect. I know WL is the same as AKL-JH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
    I thought the architecture looks more like KV/JH. But they may have the same architect. I know WL is the same as AKL-JH.
    Both Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge were designed by the architect Peter Dominick. Although Mr. Dominick's designs might have an influence on the proposed project, he won't be the lead architect this one. He passed away on January 1, 2009.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I'm with you. I was very, very interested in this project years back, but not so much anymore. I love the old Fort Wilderness and adore VWL. They did enough with the conversion of WL hotel rooms to CC and jacked up the natural feel of the place with ripping down all the lake side trees to sell cabin points and a new (ugly) pool. I don't trust what they'll do to the property anymore.

Yes, they badly need to get rid of the old River Country garbage heap, but I'd much rather see the land go back to nature than for yet another DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would have done this about 10 years ago. Now that I'm retired I don't think I will be buying any more points.
    ~Diana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
    I thought the regular pool looks small for such a large resort. I mean there are a lot of children too small for the the lazy river and many adults that are not interested in it.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the land that currently houses that old country water park? I've seen different Disney articles on Facebook that talks about Disney getting permits for that piece of land. If so, wasn't the rumor that it closed because of dangerous bacteria in the water or something? I know nothing of the area in regards to first hand experience, but if that's the case I think that might be a turn off to potential buyers. Just my opinion though. We've never stayed at WL or that area to date. Hoping to stay at CCV in a few years for an early December trip.
    ~Amy~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora912 View Post
    Is this the land that currently houses that old country water park? I've seen different Disney articles on Facebook that talks about Disney getting permits for that piece of land. If so, wasn't the rumor that it closed because of dangerous bacteria in the water or something? I know nothing of the area in regards to first hand experience, but if that's the case I think that might be a turn off to potential buyers. Just my opinion though. We've never stayed at WL or that area to date. Hoping to stay at CCV in a few years for an early December trip.
    The old water park used water from the lake and today it is well known that Florida's lakes have a risk of having the Naegleria fowler amoeba, or brain-eating amoeba. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/health/f...819-story.html I expect like at the BC/YC, Storm Along Bay's lazy river, and Aulani's Lazy river, that the new resort will have a fresh treated water lazy river and pool.
    --Denise

11. Thanks Aurora912 thanked for this post