Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Latest on Refurbishment at Disney's Old Key West Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest on Refurbishment at Disney's Old Key West Resort

Building renovations continue at Disney's Old Key West Resort in advance of the scheduled closing of a major resort amenity.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm.... we are heading to OKW in Oct, looking to stay at Turtle Pond. I'm doubting they are going to have that area done.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Latest on Refurbishment at Disney's Old Key West Resort

If Turtle Pond isn't finished by October, it will be pretty darn close. By June when the Turtle Pond pool reopens, I'd expect most/all of 30-35 and 40-44 to be complete. That just leaves 36-39 in the three months leading up to October. Seems doable.
    test

Post Thanks / Like

I was concerned with the labor shortage possibly causing more delays.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a search of the closing of the "major resort amenity closure" and was unsuccessful. Does anyone know what that statement means? What will be closing at OKW?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJTinNH View Post
    I tried a search of the closing of the "major resort amenity closure" and was unsuccessful. Does anyone know what that statement means? What will be closing at OKW?
    Turtle Pond Pool, is one amenity that has closed due to construction. We expect to get an update within a week as to the status at OKW. So stay tuned for a new article.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

7. Thanks MJTinNH thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering why they haven't done the buildings in the Southpoint section. We stayed in that area a couple weeks ago, and the villa was so run down and in desperate need of a rehab that we requested a room change for the first time ever. Later, we learned that the guests before us had requested a room change also (maybe not for the room condition, but my guess is-probably).

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I will keep watch for more news. Planning 2019 Spring trip right now. So any info is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that many more rooms will be refurbished by the Spring of 2019, I wish I could say they will be completed by then but it seems to be going very slowly. Good luck getting the room you want for this reservation.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House