Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75 Point Direct Purchase Minimum for Perks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aaesq View Post
    HI: I am still confused and maybe this has already been answered, but could someone tell me if I am o.k. under the new 75 point rule if I originally bought 214 points at Beach Club in 2009 and then purchased an additional 30 points at Beach Club in 2013? Thanks.
    You are definitely grandfathered in for Membership Extras.

There have been three sets of restrictions. The first set of restrictions occurred in March 2011. Since your first resale deed was purchased before that date, you are grandfathered in and none of the subsequent restrictions apply to you. However, since your 30-point deed was bought after this date, the restrictions introduced in March 2011 (resale points cannot be used for the Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Concierge Collection, etc.) applies, but only on this smaller deed. This means that if you wanted to use your points to book a Disney Cruise, you could use the 214 points from your first deed but not from the 30-point deed that you bought in 2013.

The second set of restrictions occurred on April 4, 2016, and the newest set of restricts applies beginning February 25, 2018. None of the restrictions introduced by those sets will apply to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buying Before the 25th?

Hello,

My wife and I were about to purchase a direct contract from Disney albeit a small one between 50-60 points. If I call and make the deposit before the 25th will I still be allowed the perks since I called before the date? Or does the contract have to be finalized by the 25th for me to receive the benefits? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drewlong7 View Post
    Hello,

My wife and I were about to purchase a direct contract from Disney albeit a small one between 50-60 points. If I call and make the deposit before the 25th will I still be allowed the perks since I called before the date? Or does the contract have to be finalized by the 25th for me to receive the benefits? Any help is appreciated, thank you!
    If Disney accepts your deposit before February 25 you should be OK. The date of the actual closing is not material in this case.

Post Thanks / Like

Two maybe not so quick thoughts from me. First, over the life of each DVC contract, whether direct purchase or resale, Disney is going to collect more in annual dues than the amount of the actual purchase price. If capacity for DVC events or perks with DVC membership was a problem, it makes more sense to me to do a tier split based on points purchased, not a split based on direct purchase v. resale.

Second, denlo you had this great comment that caught my eye:

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Mkeef, I sometimes wonder if the Poly owners will start noticing problems booking due to the excess number of 50 point Poly contracts that were sold.
    In early May my wife and I are headed back to Orlando for the second time, but the first time staying at WDW on points. We're going for 2 weeks and we were booking at the 7 month mark, we couldn't get 7 consecutive nights at Poly. It was usually the Friday or Saturday night that was a problem. We ended up going with a split stay at Boardwalk and Old Key West.
    Home resort: Aulani, Copper Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 75 Point Direct Purchase Minimum for Perks

Hello all, curious on one point. We are in the process of adding my wife's parents onto our deed so they can participate on the discounts, and because they are always with us at the parks. This said, if we re-deed are we grandfathered in? We have purchased all of our points through resale.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonro001 View Post
    Hello all, curious on one point. We are in the process of adding my wife's parents onto our deed so they can participate on the discounts, and because they are always with us at the parks. This said, if we re-deed are we grandfathered in? We have purchased all of our points through resale.

Thanks in advance!
    You should be grandfathered. Disney does not consider the re-entitling of existing deeds as a resale transaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aaesq View Post
    HI: I am still confused and maybe this has already been answered, but could someone tell me if I am o.k. under the new 75 point rule if I originally bought 214 points at Beach Club in 2009 and then purchased an additional 30 points at Beach Club in 2013? Both contracts were purchased on the Resale Market. Thanks.
    Both of your contracts would allow you to get Membership Magic and perks. However, the 2013 contract has one restriction that you cannot use the 30 points to book the Disney Collection. So if you wanted to book a DCL cruise using you could only use the points from your first contract which was purchased in 2009.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House