Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disney Parks Post Big Gains in Q1 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Parks Post Big Gains in Q1 2018

Theme parks shined as The Walt Disney Company reported its financial results for the first quarter of the 2018 fiscal year.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

"The film studio and consumer products saw revenue drops of 1% and 2% respectively, with profits down 2% and 4%."

I am surprised the Disney film studio had a decline in the year-over-year numbers. Buena Vista had four films in the top 10 in the domestic market (Star Wars: The Last Jed (#1); Beauty and the Beast (#2); Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (#4); and Thor:Ragnarok (#8), plus three more that made it into the top 20.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I am surprised the Disney film studio had a decline in the year-over-year numbers. Buena Vista had four films in the top 10 in the domestic market (Star Wars: The Last Jed (#1); Beauty and the Beast (#2); Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (#4); and Thor:Ragnarok (#8), plus three more that made it into the top 20.
    Those numbers aren't full year. It's October - December 2016 vs Oct - Dec 2017. I believe the primary players are Rogue One, Moana and Dr. Strange (2016) vs Jedi, Coco and Thor (2017).