Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: What is going on at SSR in October ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is going on at SSR in October ?

Lots of cash paying Brits who have confirmed reservations are reporting being bumped from SSR from October- Disney are putting then in Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom and some less lucky ones have been offered POFQ.
    Given the refurb is not starting until 2019, and I wouldn't really expect that much disruption from it anyway, wonder what is happening?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't and I have not heard about anything refurb happening at SSR this fall. I wonder if it is taking longer to do OKW so they are closing down rooms there and opening them up at SSR for DVC point usage?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I don't and I have not heard about anything refurb happening at SSR this fall. I wonder if it is taking longer to do OKW so they are closing down rooms there and opening them up at SSR for DVC point usage?
    Yes denlo- check out the reports on the Dibb. Never seen this happen before. Quite a few reports and when you consider how few people will actually post on Dibb it seems like quite a widespread issue. The OKW refurb finish date was weird because initially they said two years, then cut it right down. They are not planning to do any more extensive outside work/ re-theming at SSR to address the regular complaints theme too weak are they? Unless they have decided to bring SSR forward to try and get more of it ready for SWGE to charge more for the rooms cash maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what is going on. I really couldn't find anything on that Dibb link you gave me. But there are so many threads and when you don't read a forum regularly it is hard to keep track of where a post is located. I did see someone had a countdown to SSR on their signature for 250 days out which is in October.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't the people ask why they were being moved? One mentioned SSR was overbooked. Maybe that was the problem.
    Last edited by denlo; 02-04-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

SSR is HUGE! I'm not sure why they'd think or be told they were "over booked" for October. I just checked out the resort availability on DVC and it showed full availability for studio, 1 and 2 bedrooms (both standard and preferred rooms) for all June through January. Not one day is shown as sold out for any rooms, including the tree houses.
    ~Amy~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora912 View Post
    SSR is HUGE! I'm not sure why they'd think or be told they were "over booked" for October. I just checked out the resort availability on DVC and it showed full availability for studio, 1 and 2 bedrooms (both standard and preferred rooms) for all June through January. Not one day is shown as sold out for any rooms, including the tree houses.
    It could have been an error that the cash sales were using the DVC allocated rooms, so had to be moved. We really will never know what happened especially those that were moved were not given a complete answer as to why their reservations were not being honored at SSR.
    --Denise

10. Likes Fred M liked this post