Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2018 Annual Dues Payable Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2018 Annual Dues Payable Today

If you are not making monthly payments on your 2018 Disney Vacation Club annual dues obligation, today is the day that the full balance is expected.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I preface this with - I did pay my dues on time. But what happens if you do not pay on the 15th of January exactly when paying annually? Does a late fee accrue starting that day? Or do you have up to some other date until new fees/interest kick in? Would something happen to reservations or anything like that?

Just curious. Thanks
    Last edited by micelike; 01-21-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: word change

Post Thanks / Like

DVC members have a grace period until February 15th to pay their Annual Dues. Although dues are suppose to be paid by January 15th of each year, you have another month to make your payments.

If dues are not paid by February 15th, a number of things could happen. DVC could cancel a pending reservation, or require that the dues be paid before you are allowed to check in. DVC will also begin foreclosure proceedings against the member, although initially the proceeding are low-keyed. After a few months, however, formal foreclosure proceeding will commence which could result in DVD taking back the delinquent deed.

Also, if a member doesn't pay they dues by February 15th they are subject to late charges and interest.

4. Thanks micelike thanked for this post
    Likes TimK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We set up the monthly payment plan years ago and enjoy never having to think about due dates.

I know I'm giving up a couple points by not paying it off each year with a CC, but I just like never having to worry about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. My CC turnover date is so close to the 15th and I was wondering what would happen if I pushed it to make sure the month closed before I made the payment. If possible, I wanted to avoid it from clearing in that credit card cycle. Again, didn't want to risk it this year but good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    We set up the monthly payment plan years ago and enjoy never having to think about due dates.

I know I'm giving up a couple points by not paying it off each year with a CC, but I just like never having to worry about it.
    It's a thought. I have another year to think about it now. Thanks