Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Child Care Centers to Close

Post Thanks / Like

Default Child Care Centers to Close

Disney has announced that resort child care centers will permanently close in 2018.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I never understood the need for them in the first place.

Why would you take your kids to WDW and then leave them in Day Care?

I get having "Kid's Night Out" at least once during a trip so mom and dad can enjoy a night out, but never thought Day Care was a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    I never understood the need for them in the first place.

Why would you take your kids to WDW and then leave them in Day Care?

I get having "Kid's Night Out" at least once during a trip so mom and dad can enjoy a night out, but never thought Day Care was a good idea.
    The child care centers are not "day care," as I believe they don't start accepting any children until after 4:30pm. The intention behind the child care centers was the same as the "Kids Night Out," i.e., to allow parents the opportunity to go out to a fancy dinner (or a nice lounge) that the kids probably wouldn't enjoy anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1972 View Post
    The child care centers are not "day care," as I believe they don't start accepting any children until after 4:30pm. The intention behind the child care centers was the same as the "Kids Night Out," i.e., to allow parents the opportunity to go out to a fancy dinner (or a nice lounge) that the kids probably wouldn't enjoy anyway.
    If we are talking about the same places, they definitely accepted kids during the day, but I have no idea what their published operating hours were.

ETA: Just googled Cub's Den, and found it opened at 2:30 for kids crafts. The place over at BC I recall having craft classes for kids during the day, would assume they operated same hours.
    Last edited by KNWVIKING 2.0; 01-11-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the centers occasionally up until a few years back. As I recall, they weren't available during the day back then. It was a 4:30p
    drop off for your child or children at an hourly fee for a parent's night out. They may have opened up for activities during the day, but not as a drop off center.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ruby66 View Post
    I used the centers occasionally up until a few years back. As I recall, they weren't available during the day back then. It was a 4:30p
    drop off for your child or children at an hourly fee for a parent's night out. They may have opened up for activities during the day, but not as a drop off center.
    Correct. They have activities during the day but do not accept drop offs until after 4:30pm.

I never took advantage of these kids clubs, but I know many who did will be disappointed...

Post Thanks / Like

We were invited to dine at Club 33 at Disneyland once and checked the kids into the Grand Californian club for an evening. My oldest was probably 10 or 11 at the time and pushing the age limit. They were pretty bored. Though Cast Members did take them to some concierge viewing platform at the Grand Cal to watch the Disneyland fireworks. Ironically, they'd probably appreciate that experience more today now that they're a few years older.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we used it on three occasions (Wilderness, Poly, & Beach Club). It was perfect for a nice dinner out with a couple adult beverages — never had our daughter there for more than 3 hours. She enjoyed it, and I’m sad for others that won’t get the chance for that nice adult break, but 5ere are other options....
    Ron

2008 - Allstar Music, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - AKL, 2011 - WL, 2012 - WL, 2013 - WL, Mar 2014 - BC , Dec 2014 - AKV Kidani, Mar 2015 - VWL, Oct 2015 - PVB, Mar 2016 - VGC, Mar 2017 - VGC, Mar 2018 - VWL

Post Thanks / Like

yes a parents night out is very important too .. too bad that they are going to close.
    I'm curious about other options.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say we ever used them but I think it was a $$ issue

Janet & Dan