Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some DVC Rooms to Gain Pay-for-Play FastPass Option

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some DVC Rooms to Gain Pay-for-Play FastPass Option

Guests staying in certain high-end Disney Vacation Club villas will soon have the option to pay a daily fee for additional FastPass+ entitlements.

Wilderness Lodge Cascade Cabin

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting to say this: I told you so!

So not only can they suck more Tier 1 rides, they can do so 30 before I even have a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a surprise, but it stinks for the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Do, if i read this right..
    In June I have a cascade cabin for 4 days, and if i pay Disney and additional $200,- per person
    they will give me 3 extra fastpasses a day ?
    Who would do that? I get there are people with unnerving amounts of funds available... but seriously..
    I hope this is not the move towards paid FB+ in general.
    Luckily there are few villas this affects.
    But as always with big companies, it is all about the money. Luckily I have the option of saying no.

Post Thanks / Like

I get why people would think this is bad for everyone else, but I really do not see it as a big deal, at least as long as it is only for the cascade cabins, bora bora bungalos, and club level at AKV. You are looking at (about) 500 people in all those accommodations total. If they all opt in for it, you are talking maybe an 200 people getting that perk on a given day at a specific park. Considering the parks have 10s of thousands there each day, I do not think it will even be noticeable Outside of rides that virtually everyone will use fast passes for (FOP, Navi River) it will be like a drop in the ocean.

The extending the FP+ 60 day perk to certain hotels was a much bigger deal, because that is more people, and free
    Last edited by jerseyduke; 01-11-2018 at 01:26 PM.

6. Likes TimK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bolebrothers View Post
    In June I have a cascade cabin for 4 days, and if i pay Disney and additional $200,- per person
    they will give me 3 extra fastpasses a day ?
    Yup, sounds right. Very expensive.

And really the number of attractions where it's useful are very, very small. Flight of Passage is a no-brainer, but if you're at Animal Kingdom, you're also paying extra for the likes of Everest and Kilimanjaro which are very easy to get for free.

I think it was a very calculated move to offer this only to club + cabin/bungalow guests. They the group most likely to pay the extra $$$ and it's a small population. There isn't endless FastPass capacity in the system. They can't afford to sell thousands of paid add-ons per day. If this does expand to other guests, I suspect the cost will be even higher and they'll cap the number of daily participants.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Might be worth it.

$50/ day, 3 day minimum for 3 anywhere FPs at any park and any tier plus a premium show location for nightly fireworks.

I normally park hop, and park hopping is required to do this, but:

Day 1: Morning Use FPs at AK for FOP, EE and Dinosaur, Leave. Evening: use Super Passes (SPs) at Epcot for FEA, Soariní and TT. Use pass for Illuminations. Fit in a few other rides SB and 4th FPs.

Day 2: morning Downtown Disney, evening: FPs at 7DMT, SM and BTMRR and SPs at Splash, PP and Pirates and Happily Ever After. Fit in a few rides SB.

Day 3: morning SPs for HS for RNR, ToT, and TSMM, evening at AK use FPs for Naívi, Kali and Safari. River of Light pass. Fit in a few SB rides.

If youíre a park commando, the ability to use FP plus SP in multiple parks, ignore tiers for SP, and special access closing shows could supercharge your stay. You could easily pop every E ticket ride in 3 days.

Now. Add in Toy Story Land, Star Wars, Tron, and GotG..
    Last edited by ziravan; 01-11-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyduke View Post
    I get why people would think this is bad for everyone else, but I really do not see it as a big deal, at least as long as it is only for the cascade cabins, bora bora bungalos, and club level at AKV. You are looking at (about) 500 people in all those accommodations total. If they all opt in for it, you are talking maybe an 200 people getting that perk on a given day at a specific park. Considering the parks have 10s of thousands there each day, I do not think it will even be noticeable Outside of rides that virtually everyone will use fast passes for (FOP, Navi River) it will be like a drop in the ocean.
    All Disney Club Level rooms and select Suites at Swan/Dolphin will be eligible to purchase this add-on.

Reportedly, Disney will be using a separate pool of FP+ selections for this offering.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Disney will probably set aside these super FastPasses as a separate pool. I think Disney has to assure the guests who pay for this service that they will get the FastPasses they want. Who would want to pay $50 to find out that they canít get Toy Story Mania, Flights of Passage or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

I addition, I suspect there will be A number of these guests who will be making reservations within 60 days of checking in, which is even more reason that Disney will need to set aside a pool of FastPasses for these guests.

Personally, I donít see us using this service. However, once Star Wars Land opens my opinion might change dramatically. As with anything, itís all about perceived value. I always keep in mind that there are many people think there is no value in a DISNEY vacation, much less owning DVC.

Another thing to keep in mind that Disney could drop this service at any time if itís not popular. Remember that about a year ago it offered a direct Park-to-Park bus service? It lasted for a short while before Disney pulled the plug. Disney has little to lose in experimenting with this offering to judge response from the guests.

Post Thanks / Like

I am always amazed at what people are willing to spend big bucks for, for example it has always shocked me how many folks will rent cabanas for $350 to a day at Aulani or the really expensive cabanas at DCLís private island, Castaway Cay for $600+ per day. If you think about it the same folks this applies to are those that are willing to pay extra for their room each night, some of them a lot extra.

As as long as it applies only to a limited number of guests then I donít really think it will matter.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House